• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I saw this stock last month and thought about getting one. For what they cost I just didn't want to try out a new product and waist my money. In the end I decided to just go for it and ordered the stock.

It came in last week and I have to say I'm impressed. It fits over a mill speck adjustable stock tube. It has a adjustable cheek peace and is adjustable for length of pull as well as cant. I fiddled with it till I got it adjusted for me and tried it out.

As I said above, I am impressed with it. Oh, it has a adjustment that tightens down the stock to the stock tube. So it don't move or make any noise. It is a very solid design. All the adjustment parts are replaceable if you brake one or if one falls off from not keeping the screws tight. I have no idea of if that will be a problem or not because I just got the stock. I did go through it and check all the screws.

It isn't a light stock. I think it is listed at 18.5 OZ. The Magpul adjustable stock is listed at 26 OZ. I picked the Luth stock up for $170 with the adjustable stock tube, spring, buffer, castle nut and keeper with shipping. The Magpul adjustable stock cost around $250 then you have to buy the extended stock tube spring and buffer.

The Magpul stock looks much more refined and closed up and it has storage. The Luth stock is more skeleton like. If you stuck the Luth stock in the mud it would be a pain to clean off where the Magpul you could jsut wipe off with little trouble.

Considering price and weight I think next time I need a adjustable stock I will stick with the Luth. That is if it holds up and don't become a problem. Only time will tell.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That actually looks kind of interesting, especially for a precision rifle. If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing in the pictures, it can be adjusted for a good left handed cheek weld; maybe you can turn that part around and make it even better. If I got it muddy I'd just take the hose to it. If you can't get your rifle wet, it's got no business leaving the safe ;)

ETA: I googled the pix.:p

Oh, and it's :postpics:

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Mr Evilwrench it can be turned around for left had use. Getting it wet isn't a problem. Dropping it in the mud would allow the mud to hang on to all the open parts, screws and nuts. I think the hose would take care of it. I was just trying to point out that it wasn't smooth like the Magpul. As for the pictures go, Luth did a better job than I could do. That is why I didn't bother with taking any.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I had a MBA for a short time on a 308, until I had to sling shot a round out of the chamber and the butt pad collapsed on me. I liked the weight and the price but that was a major turn off for the stock.

I then got a Magpul PRS and yes its heavier but it's a much better stock imo.

For a lightweight adjustable fixed stock it's great, but if you have to sling shot a round out of the chamber, don't expect it to stay extended (if you have it extended )

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    My build is a 6mm X 45 and I have no idea what you are talking about sling shot a round out of the chamber. Could you explain for us older and dumber kids.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I had a MBA for a short time on a 308, until I had to sling shot a round out of the chamber and the butt pad collapsed on me. I liked the weight and the price but that was a major turn off for the stock.

I then got a Magpul PRS and yes its heavier but it's a much better stock imo.

For a lightweight adjustable fixed stock it's great, but if you have to sling shot a round out of the chamber, don't expect it to stay extended (if you have it extended )

Edit: Misread the post

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    My build is a 6mm X 45 and I have no idea what you are talking about sling shot a round out of the chamber. Could you explain for us older and dumber kids.

Round is out of spec, or for some reason the bolt doesn't lock into battery, and just pulling on the charging handle doesn't work to eject the round and load a new one, you sling shot it.

You slam the buttstock on a hard surface while pulling the charging at the same time, get a lot more leverage that way.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    M67 thank you for the information. I would never do that, I would take the gun apart and remove the round. That is how I have dun it in the past.

Top Bottom