Has anybody tried the SilentRX $99 suppressor?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I stumbled upon this company and was wondering if anybody has any experience with them. They have their .22 Vandetta can on sale for $99 until May 11.
    Vendetta

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm all for a sub $100 .22 can, but I'd like to see some test results/performance numbers to see how it stacks up against it's competitors. I've been very pleased with the Huntertown Arms Guardian that I have, which wasn't a whole lot more than that, but admittedly has aluminum baffles standard vs stainless baffles. I'm not sure I need another .22 suppressor but I will be looking for a larger caliber version sometime soon and although another Huntertown is on my short list, I am certainly open to other effective possibilities.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kendalville, Indiana, that's a plus (but no guarantee of a great product). I'll look at them when shopping around.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Any way affiliated with Huntertown Arms? Why not spend a few extra and grab one of theirs instead? I'm interested in this product but much more interested in the quality of a product where I'm dumping 200 bucks into the mere tax of the item.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Any way affiliated with Huntertown Arms? Why not spend a few extra and grab one of theirs instead? I'm interested in this product but much more interested in the quality of a product where I'm dumping 200 bucks into the mere tax of the item.

I've heard some rumors.

I'd love to hear some of these first hand to forge my own opinion.

Last edited:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.

This. I've heard some rumors....but nothing concrete!

why the uncertainty? It seems like they are a company who just want to provide a suppressor for those who dont want to spend so much money. If I could hear one, or at least get some personal thoughts on those that have tried it, Id give them a shot. It seems like uncertainty would come more with centerfire suppressors, but it cant be too hard to make a .22 suppressor. :dunno:

I dont want to take anything away from Huntertown Arms, (I have a Guardian and K556 in the works now), but Id love to see SilentRx become an INGO advertiser and see what they got.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Well i have sent multiple emails, and have received no replies so far, so not real sure about customer service, and i have waited some time for a response, just so no one thinks i'm jumping the gun so to speak. The other thing i noticed on there sight was they make a big deal about not charging for a SS blast chamber like other low priced suppressor companies, but doesn't one of the other low priced companies that charge extra change all the baffles, not just the blast chamber? I could be wrong, but sounds like bad mouthing there competition, instead of bragging about how good there product is.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I re-read what I quoted and I mis-read it the first time.

Fixed to show what I thoughts was reading, lol..

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    ZbornacSVT
    As stated above, i don't think they are part of Huntertown Arms, why would you set up your competition so close, instead of just opening a new shop under the same name. I also have never seen Huntertown Arms talk negative about their competitors. Another thing as stated above, at $99.00 i am worried about quality also, not saying it is bad, but as with most things, you kind of get what you pay for.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Well i have sent multiple emails, and have received no replies so far, so not real sure about customer service, and i have waited some time for a response, just so no one thinks i'm jumping the gun so to speak. The other thing i noticed on there sight was they make a big deal about not charging for a SS blast chamber like other low priced suppressor companies, but doesn't one of the other low priced companies that charge extra change all the baffles, not just the blast chamber? I could be wrong, but sounds like bad mouthing there competition, instead of bragging about how good there product is.

Thats sucks, I hope they get back to you. I read the thing about the stainless blast chamber, but I wasnt really sure about what they were trying to say. I did see on their facebook page that they were in Dallas for the suppressor shoot the other weekend. Maybe that something to do with it.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte

I had an iquiry about them so I emailed too to try and buy a demo can, no reply either.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I actually spoke with Rob at SilentRx on the phone. He told me that he's been so busy getting setup, trying to fill orders, and answering emails, because of the $99 sale. He said after the sale is over $179 will be the MSRP. I went ahead and ordered a couple.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Sniperco guys say Silentrx people used to be employed at Huntertown...I was in there a couple of weeks ago and they had a list starting for a $99 dollar supressor...22 cal (not sure if same as in this thread). Said they were a dealer for them and were taking first order of 15 and then they would be $179.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom