• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dswanso1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Fishers
    I am heading out to Missouri this summer and will be fishing Table Rock Lake. I have been considering purchasing an umbrella lure and giving it a shot out there. Has anybody tried these lures out? Any success?

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    moving on. i thought this had to do with luring ladies to you with an umbrella or something, though you had a trick for pickin up the ladies in the rain. :rockwoot:.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Umbrella/Alabama rigs are no longer legal in Indiana unless it has ONLY two hooks on it.

The exception to the rule put in place last year has expired.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    My dad and I troll them for striper on lake Cumberland with pretty good success. I have casted a 3 lure version w/ a spin cast and they always get tangled up so if you are going to be casting it then you should be proficient with a bait caster.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Bass Pro in Springfield, Mo.(first week of April)had a 20' shelf dedicated to the "Alabama Rig"----clerk said they had to re-set them every other day---different sizes,different prices--------------I bought 3---didnt get a hit---lost 2 in Bull Shoals---They sure seem to catch a lot of fishermen

tallend

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If I were looking to stock the freezer I would but it seems to be like cheating to me. Just my opinion though.

I have found that they work no better than other "single lure" lures. And I have never caught more than on fish at a time, or even seen it happen and a lot of the guys we fish with use them. We fish w/ guys throwing them side by side and catch the same amount of fish so I don't think it offers any sort of advantage.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I very rarely fish in Indiana anyways. My dad and I fish MOST of the winter months for stripers while they are schooled up in the creeks. Beer and bobbers is about all I do locally.

Top Bottom