• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    My father inlaw and I were drawn for a moose hunt in zone 6 after 13 years. My wife's family still lives in caribou so I will be hunting their property. Maine is extremely remote and there is lots of bears. When you drive into the town of allagash you see signs that say "welcome bear hunters" during bear season. Nice to see places that still welcome hunters. I would definitely get a guide and get their recomendations on equipment. #1 thing is lots of mosquito repelant. There will be lots of them. Also stop in Freeport and visit LL Bean, you won't regret it.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Yes, I went to Canada and got a black bear with a bow. Just be careful, a wounded bear is vicious.

If you take a bow, do not use mechanical tips, just broad heads.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Yes, but not in Maine but Idaho. I hunted with a guide out of a tree stand over bait sites and usually started in the afternoon and hunted until last light. Dress light and only carry essentials which include bug spray and water. Bears are very quiet as they move their pads are like pillows muffeling sounds as the walk. Have your head on a constant slow moving swivel scrutinizing all movement. Good luck.

Top Bottom