Has anyone built their own range or converted a building into a range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Lots of old factories that could be made into ranges.

My best guess is that most of us just do not have the funds. Why could we not get more rich guys into the hobby? But then how many of us just do not support what we have. And the kids are not doing anything that does not have a very quick fun factor. It is why so many hobbies are dying.

It would be nice if there were legislative mandates that every county have at least one range for the purpose of training people in preparation for serving in the military (NRA was formed after the Civil War because so many soldiers from the urban areas were horrible with firearms. The south was far better marksmen)

I don't think they really cared when they surrendered..... :laugh:

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    @wagyu52 -Should you change your user ID to Shawshank? Still......the thought of having a hidden one underground sure is tempting.

mkbar80 - Would love to see pictures if you can find them!

Picks added to my post on first page. If you have questions let me know.

IndianaLead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Thanks for all of the replies. We're still trying to decide if we want to just jump in and build a public range or just make a private one for local use with people we know.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I'm building an underground range in my basement. My wife said absolutely no way. So I work on it at night when she is asleep, I have disguised the hole with a big " got Sig" sticker, I carry the dirt out in my pockets and scatter it in the yard unsuspicously. my planis to blaming the shooting on oil fracking.

I think I saw that movie. Wasn't Steve McQueen in it?:D

IndianaLead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Now that some time has passed, I think we're leaning towards a public range with multiple lanes. We have some great ideas to make it successful and hoping we may be able to find a venture capitalist.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Now that some time has passed, I think we're leaning towards a public range with multiple lanes. We have some great ideas to make it successful and hoping we may be able to find a venture capitalist.

There is hardly enough money for the owners to make a decent living off of a range, let alone if you have to share the percentage with venture capitalists.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    There is hardly enough money for the owners to make a decent living off of a range, let alone if you have to share the percentage with venture capitalists.

really the only people you are going to find that are willing to put up the money for a range are people that already enjoy shooting but need a place to do it. Investors for this are going be be a slim market. I hope you find them and do well but im just saying its a slim market.

Top Bottom