Has anyone completed or tried to do p90x?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Today was my 90th day and it feels good to say I actually completed the program. I'm actually looking forward to starting my 2nd round of it. In the 90 days I lost 13 pounds and 6 inches off of my waist and gained a lot of muscle. Total on the year I have lost 23 pounds and brought my blood pressure from 160/90 down too 100/68. Cant wait to go to my doctor appt next month. Hopefully he'll take me off of my high BP medicine.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    congrats smiley.....my wife started it, got into the 4th week and hurt her shoulder pretty bad. so she has stopped. Im waiting for the winter, cuz I do construction type work and Ill have plenty of time then.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Thanks man. Yeah it was pretty difficult to stay dedicated espically in the summer. I am gonna repeat it and I know it'll be a lot easier to stay dedicated to durring the winter.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Congrats! That's awesome. I bought some resistance bands and other stuff to start working out at home. (I was a member at Cardinal for 5 years, was fairly regular, but just got tired of paying.) If I don't keep it up on my own, then I'll look into the P90x. I'm sure having a specific routine/goal is very helpful.

Thanks for letting us know it works.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    If I don't keep it up on my own, then I'll look into the P90x. I'm sure having a specific routine/goal is very helpful.

I powerlifted on my own for about a year and a half before starting P90X. I thought I knew the meaning of "intensity", but P90X showed me different. I highly recommend it as a way to get an idea of what a workout should feel like.

It does work; however, read the fine print in the infomercial about "results may not be typical". I've been doing it a year, and I can honestly say I'm in the best shape of my life. But I'm not "ripped". I've got some decent muscles going on from the ribs up and waist down, but the part between the waist and ribcage is still kinda squishy. I've been doing better since taking my diet seriously, but it's a long, hard, nasty process, so don't let it discourage you if you're not looking all "300" by the end of the first 90 days.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Congratulations on completing 90 days! I have been thinking about doing it for a while. Any before and after pics?

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    to the op how did you do with the diet? I so want to start p90x again but I don't think my body is ready for it yet. think i'll start with stretch and maybe some yoga?

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    To be honest IJW I didnt do their diet. I'm to picky of an eater to do their diet. I still pretty much ate the same stuff. But I ate a lot more chicken and veggies. I just did really good cutting down on my portions. I use to be able to eat 2 cheeseburgers, 2 hotdogs, with whatever sides. Now I can only eat 1 of each and I just take the leftovers for my lucnh the next day.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom