• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    I have signed a few pro 2A petitions on whitehouse.gov in the past few months. Before the first of the year the threshold of signatures for official review by "Obammy" was 25,000 in 90 days. Now I see its 100,000 in 30 days. WTH?:dunno:

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I have signed a few pro 2A petitions on whitehouse.gov in the past few months. Before the first of the year the threshold of signatures for official review by "Obammy" was 25,000 in 90 days. Now I see its 100,000 in 30 days. WTH?:dunno:

They recalibrated their concern for listening to the peasants.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Apparently. It saddens me a little bit. How many people are on INGO alone now? Maybe we could get one going and get everyone we know to support it. Ya think?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You want to take action- fine. Write your congressman. Write your senator. Send a note of appreciation to someone in government who is doing what you think they should.

These petitions mean nothing. There is no provision in law that anyone has to pay attention to them. I've read the whole Constitution, more than once, and have never run across the provision where petitions on White House.gov become law.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    It’s not about whether a petition can be made into law or not. Petitions are used for verifying support for or against questionable legislation. If the numbers are large enough, a petition can have almost the same effect as an election. Elected officials know that if the majority of their constituents are against pending legislation, it means the end of their political career if they go against them and also affects support for their political party. If there was ever a time for Americans to stand up against our government, that time is now. With the government criminalizing gun owners, ignoring our Constitution, and rewarding illegal immigrants, we need as many petitions as possible and also letters and phone calls to our representatives. It can only hurt us if we don’t try, if we just ignore the problem.

It is better to take the time to try to convince our representatives now rather than have to pay with blood later. Just my :twocents:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Apparently. It saddens me a little bit. How many people are on INGO alone now? Maybe we could get one going and get everyone we know to support it. Ya think?

I agrre that petitions with MASSIVE numbers of voters sigs are a great tool for getting ANY politician's attention (usually). But BHO cannot run again, and therefore he would likely disregard the sentiments of even 1 million voters (as he already has done in some cases).

INGO, as of this writung, has 28,252 members. Not all are currently active on this board, more like 80%+ (?)... and my guess is that 5% of that total are possibly deceased since becoming an INGOer. Family and friends coming on board* alongside the active members would sure help.... but we're still a huge leap from being able to put together 100,00 voices in 30 days.

* Begs the question: Why aren't we already 'recruiting' those same family and friends.... to JOIN INGO???

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The number was raised at the beginning of the year in an attempt to curb some of the idiotic petitions being filed (like the one about building a death star). There was a very public announcement about it. I'll see if I can find it.

Top Bottom