Has anyone else watched "the americans"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    i just got caught up with the season. so far, im thoroughly impressed! i love how it shows that the soviet deep cover agents struggled to remain loyal to the motherland. much deeper than your average spy story

Mcolson181

Marksman
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    SE Indiana
    I'm on the 3rd episode and I like it. I agree, most spy movies all they show is people sneaking around stealing stuff and killing each other. This brings an all new perspective into how things could have been.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I refuse to watch it.

If I watch it, I know they will cancel it like they do any other show I really liked. ie. Jericho & The Unit

I'll wait until it has 4 or 5 seasons under its belt, then Netflix it. Atleast then I'll know it unexpectedly ends without reason!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm catching up on it watched the first couple of episodes "on demand". So far it certainly brings a new sort of meaning to open marriage. I think both of them are developing some jealousy for the other's honey-pot actions!

DKY197

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Monroe County
    I live in Okinawa, Japan and don't get my TV via standard means. I've never even heard of this show but you've piqued my interest. Anyone care to give me a synopsis? I'd appreciate it.

nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    I live in Okinawa, Japan and don't get my TV via standard means. I've never even heard of this show but you've piqued my interest. Anyone care to give me a synopsis? I'd appreciate it.

I could pm you a site whereyou can watch them for free if youd like. Thats how i watched them. Streams it just like youtube

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Wife and I both like it. We were not old enough at that time to realize what was going on but old enough to know that sort of stuff was possible and that another war could've broken out. Pretty interesting perspective and definitely an original in programming. FX is on a roll with this and Justified

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I refuse to watch it.

If I watch it, I know they will cancel it like they do any other show I really liked. ie. Jericho & The Unit

I'll wait until it has 4 or 5 seasons under its belt, then Netflix it. Atleast then I'll know it unexpectedly ends without reason!

Jericho, Firefly, Farscape, etc...

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Havent heard of it but it sounds pretty interesting.

In the some vein, check out the recent movie The Double, with Richard Gere. Sounds very similar to this TV show.

The double was good, and odd I rented it just don't remember it being in the theater. This show however is more the everyday lives of a deep cover KGB ops family posing as an average every day family. Even the kids don't know mom and dad are Russians.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... I know they will cancel it like they do any other show I really liked. ie. Jericho & The Unit...

That is a very good point. I was pretty into "The Last Resort" when it got dumped a few months ago, on top of those you mentioned. Hopefully, being on FX will make this show much less volatile.

I like it a lot so far. Lots of interesting turns. A way cool personalization of those we were brought up to be considered evil beings. The part where the main guy disguises up to go kick the pedifile's ass was great.

Top Bottom