Has anyone owned or used a Burris ar-332 scope?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    Has anyone out there had any experience with a burris ar-332 scope? I was thinking about purchasing one to try on my AR or Tavor but figured I would ask my fellow ingoers for some first hand experience accounts first. I also noticed vortex is coming out with a similar scope soon as well for about 60 dollars more. Thoughts?

[video=youtube;IkE8VVd0_tw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkE8VVd0_tw[/video]

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I have an astigmatism which renders aimpoints/eotechs useless for my eyes. This functions fairly decently due to the actual reticle being etched and illuminated. It works, fairly accurate on my AR at 200something yards. Not an MOA type optic, but certainly MOPerson.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I thought I wanted one at one time until I looked through one. To me it was to much stuff or to busy inside and bad eye relief. I ended up going with the burris xtr 1-4 and I really like it. 1x its like an aimpoint and 4x its like an acog. I would prefer any good 30mm 1-4. You can find the bushnell 4200 1-4 or a vortex 1-4 pretty reasonable. Of course thats just my opinion.

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    Could you guys be a little more specific as far as the eye relief complaint goes? Too long, too short, or just had trouble finding the right spot?

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'm not a fan of fixed power scopes like that since I do a lot of CQB drills.
    I much prefer a 1-4x or a 1-6x. That way, you have have a 1x red dot for close up, but still have 4x or 6x at your disposal for distance.
    The trick is getting a true 1x that's not all fish-eye looking around the edges.

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    I'm not a fan of fixed power scopes like that since I do a lot of CQB drills.
    I much prefer a 1-4x or a 1-6x. That way, you have have a 1x red dot for close up, but still have 4x or 6x at your disposal for distance.
    The trick is getting a true 1x that's not all fish-eye looking around the edges.
    I planned on grabbing a fast fire to mount on top eventually.

savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    I was in your same boat a for a few weeks. Kicked around the idea of the Burris 332 and 536 as well as several different brands 1-4 variable scopes.
    I think the cons of the Burris outnumbered the pros. Reticle is just aweful imo and the eye relief kinda sucks.
    1-4 variable scope was what I nearly got but did not like the fact that it has an eye relief even on 1 power.
    I ended up with an aimpoint, simply for faster target aquisition.

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    I have a few vortex red dots so maybe I will skip buying a new magnified optic and just buy a decent magnifier. If the vortex spitfire turns out to be a nice prism sight a may opt for it on my tavor. Now taking into account that a Burris fast fire would sit pretty high on top of the scope; that rail offset at 45 degrees opposite of the charging handle may be a good spot for a fast fire!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have a few vortex red dots so maybe I will skip buying a new magnified optic and just buy a decent magnifier. If the vortex spitfire turns out to be a nice prism sight a may opt for it on my tavor. Now taking into account that a Burris fast fire would sit pretty high on top of the scope; that rail offset at 45 degrees opposite of the charging handle may be a good spot for a fast fire!

Thats a much better option for mounting the FF.

Top Bottom