Has anyone seen a LC380 in stock at their LGS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    get her an LC9, their the same size and its a more potent caliber.

I agree in theory that she SHOULD carry a 9mm or greater power load. However, that's only if she COULD. Her experience with anything larger than 380 has been less than stellar - she can't handle much recoil.

I'd rather have her willing to train on a caliber she can handle and shoot well and does a reasonable job of dissuading the bad guy from continuing his plans.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I have both an LCP (380) and an LC9 and they really aren't the same size. The LC9 is concealable and actually the easier to shoot of the two I think but the LCP is smaller, lighter and thinner.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Hollow log
    Caliber bravado has no place in a serious forum.

Real life fact: Not everyone wants or needs a 9mm+ pistol.

The LC380 fills a real niche in that it is a lower recoil, higher capacity, easier to get a hold of alternative to the LCP and other pocket pistols that is still quite small overall. Also consider that many people these days now already own a 380 pistol as their only handgun; these people may not want or care to add another cartridge to their supply logistics.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I'd rather have her willing to train on a caliber she can handle and shoot well and does a reasonable job of dissuading the bad guy from continuing his plans.

Very wise. This is why there is no "best gun" for everyone. It's all about preference.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Caliber bravado has no place in a serious forum.

Real life fact: Not everyone wants or needs a 9mm+ pistol.

The LC380 fills a real niche in that it is a lower recoil, higher capacity, easier to get a hold of alternative to the LCP and other pocket pistols that is still quite small overall. Also consider that many people these days now already own a 380 pistol as their only handgun; these people may not want or care to add another cartridge to their supply logistics.

ABSOLUTELY. Time was, not long ago, that she didn't want a gun in the house, then wouldn't use anything but the .22. Now she wants to carry and can handle the .380. In the future maybe she'll want to move up - but right now, she'll carry the biggest caliber she can handle well - as we all realistically should.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Halley's lodge in Lafayette had one last week when I was in. Thought about picking it up but walked out with a shotgun instead. Nice little gun, easier to rack the slide than on the LC9 for those that may not have the arm strength to comfortably pull the slide back on an LC9 or a small pocket .380.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I have both an LCP (380) and an LC9 and they really aren't the same size. The LC9 is concealable and actually the easier to shoot of the two I think but the LCP is smaller, lighter and thinner.

Hey Classic, you may not be aware that the is a new model, the LC380, different than the LCP. While I have not seen one in person, I believe it is the same size as the LC9

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    I've been searching for a single action sig after not being a fan of the da lcp for a while now. Is she indifferent to sa/da?

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Single or double action hasn't really fazed her - she's had a S&W Bodyguard 380 (which in hindsight we shouldn't have sold!) that she shot well and liked the size of. Her thinking is that whatever she gets need to be a good shooter (train, train, train), and I agree.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    ACME in Seymour had one in stock this week. $360 on the tag. I actually liked the size of it. If given the choice I would personally buy the LC380 instead of the LC9 or the LCP. I think the .380 chambered in subcompact sized guns is a great thing. I really like the PPK, PK380, Bersa Thunder, LC380 sized guns.

Top Bottom