• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I had one which worked fine as a car gun until I got an AK. Wasn't fond of the sights, but I might not have sold it if it had been tricked out like the one pictured on this thread.

McMark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    I had the 9mm glock version for a few years. I always had a great time with it. Shot it several times at FNS with great results. I had the glock 33rd mags for it and never had a problem with them. I agree with indykid get the rubber bumper for it. Even the 9mm will beat you up after a long session. You won't be able to lock the bolt back though but having one will be worth it.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Yea I have shot one and it is crazy fun along with pritty accurate!! Chec our add in Support our sponsors titled Show Me your INGO!!! It might help you out a bit!!

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I had the 9mm glock version for a few years. I always had a great time with it. Shot it several times at FNS with great results. I had the glock 33rd mags for it and never had a problem with them. I agree with indykid get the rubber bumper for it. Even the 9mm will beat you up after a long session. You won't be able to lock the bolt back though but having one will be worth it.

if you still want to be able to lock your bolt back with the recoil reducer, you just make a new notch in front of the stock one with a dremel, it works as well as the original. I didn't bother doing it because I don't lock the bolt back. When I stored it in the armory, it was enough to fold it in half to show it was clear lol.

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    PSS has the S2K in both 9mm & .40 cal, either one for $289.99. I was just in there, they have a couple of each.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    You might want to check with Bradis Guns. They had both when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Those will be long gone, but they may have more.

I drove to Bradis (yes, from Elkhart) a few months ago to buy mine. It was the best deal I could find on them, and only one of a few that I could find that had them in stock. I highly recommend Bradis, and I would go back. The guy that checked me out said they try to keep them in stock because they know they are hard to find. Dont know if he was just talking, or whether that is actually the case, but they come up in every thread, so that is probably the case.

Someone tried to get me to shoot one once but I could run faster than they could.

That particular one couldn't get on paper without breaking loose the front sight band and resetting it properly centered. But that is par for Kel-tec's course.

It does fold in half though.

This segways nicely into my little review on them. First off, I like mine. I thought about selling it, but I like it. It is a fun gun to shoot, and it is compact. It is practical in a certain sense.

Now, I have had problems with mine. The first issue I had was with the sight. There is supposed to be a metal collar under the sight between it and the barrel. Then there is locktight to hold it all together. Mine didnt have the collar. The locktight melted, and the sight slipped lose. It was pointless to shoot, since it did not hold "zero" so to speak. Before that, it was accurate. Very accurate. I called KelTec up, they said I could send it in, or I could put some locktight on it myself. I opted to smear some locktight on it, I had good results. It didnt present itself again, was very accurate.

A few range sessions later, I went to clean it. I noticed it had a crack in the receiver. Yeah, not something you like to see. I packaged it up, had it returned three weeks later. Not to bad. Still, not something you like to see. They replaced the gun, putting my old serial number on it. I have only shot it twice since. It is fine now.

I frequently think about selling it, but it is fun to shoot, and it is cheap. I mean, its a $300 gun! It kind of chews through ammo, since I find myself loading up all three of my 33 round mags, and all three of my 17 round mags, and shooting them in a few minutes. That is very fun! I leave a nice big hole in the target. Its not the most ergonomic gun, but its workable. I dont have any of the addons to help, but I can still shoot two hundred rounds through it with no problem. My face feels numb, and I look like a horse kicked me in the shoulder the next day, but I can do it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Yes I have one in 9mm and it's been a really fun shooter. I got a 9mm because I have a handgun in 9mm. What I found out on mine, maybe others are different, is that it seems to shoot better with FMJ's

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    don't own one but i shot one in 9mm. i can't remember if i shot it at 25 or 50 yards but it was very accurate. i hit the center dot a few times with the stock sights on it. pretty comfortable to shoot. cheek weld is a bit tough but its easy to shoot. i'll add one to my collection eventually. :rockwoot:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I have the G-17 mag model. Pretty common to see these in shops here in the south under $300 NIB . Mine is no more accurate than JohnP82's is. Not suitable for +P or aluminum case ammo and has issues with some HP ammo I've tried. Needs a lot more TLC than the Hi Point in my experience. The sights are good in low light but are easy to break while adjusting if you get heavy handed tightening the screw . I'm working up a deal to sell mine to a co-worker. Needs add ons to make it user friendly( like a cheek pad, butt pad) or just to mount a light . Reliable with most brass case FMJ . If you're a lefty be sure and get a buttpad/extender of some sort to get the ejection port farther away from your face.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have the glock model. Installed the quad rail, removed the front sight, put a reflex sight on it. Currently loaded with a 33 round mag of 9mm hollow points. Turns the 9mm round into a .357 mag.

It's my go to home defense gun. If you still want to do evil in my house after getting hit with 33 rounds of +P you're welcome to it.

BTW, it's overall length is only a teensy bit longer than most AR SBRs.

mdwildcat04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    E-Ville
    I have the Glock 22 model; It is a blast to shoot. The only problem I have with mine, I have an old, beat up, Glock mag that my 22 can still use, but the sub2000's mag catch won't hold on to. Small, light, low muzzle rise, whats not to like!

Top Bottom