• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhart

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    greenwood
    I have put a lot of it thru my shield. No issues yet. Probably close to 500 rounds. I do notice the brass head stamps very. Not that it has created any issues.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As far as I understand, Midwest Ammunition are reloaded cartridges collected from the Point Blank gun ranges. I've been buying the 9mm for use at the range with no problems.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    They make remans and new, at least in 9mm. The remans are all great for the range. I shoot them all the time, have never had a single failure. The new stuff is in self defense loads. I have shot a box without issue and I have a couple boxes in my stash.

Remans in 9mm are on sale a few times a year at $9.99/50, and $8.99 on Black Friday. The Point Blank email list is one of the better ones to get on.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Went to Point Blank today and couldn't shoot my green tip .223 so I bought 4 boxes of Midwest. Got 1 mag through the AR then total fail. The bolt got stuck. No one could fix it. Then I was told to not buy Midwest in .223 because there were a lot of issues. I'll never buy again in any caliber.

This is interesting, I have never had an issue with any of the MW ammo. I will admit that the pistol loads (especially the 44mag) seems rather soft, but the 223 is supposed to be 3100fps and it feels pretty close.
    In fact, I have run 30+ boxes of MW 223 through my Tavor without any issues. Then again, my Tavor eats everything I have thrown at it.

Sorry to hear you had issues with the MW.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    I had a meeting with a rep that was in town when my pistol wouldn't go into battery with the 9mm Midwest ammo. I have a G22 with an Alpha Wolf 9mm conversion. I had to remove a two live rounds with a rod because they had lodged so bad that the slide couldn't be moved. I stopped shooting them and began inspecting. I found that 80% of the cartridges would not chamber in that barrel or in the cylinder of my smith revolver (also 9mm). During our meeting the rounds were measured and all were within SAAMI spec. The issue we found is that the chambers i have one those two particular pistols are tight. There isn't any information i could find that offers the actual chamber dimension. We grabbed a new barrel out of a Glock 19 from the case and the rounds that would not chamber for me fell right into the new one. So, if you have a match grade barrel or high end firearm that you suspect may have been produced with tight tolerances, this ammo may not work for you.

Top Bottom