• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I know a guy that swears by it. He bought an entire case of it.

Me, I don't really have much experience with it, but I just don't see where it is that much better than some of the other lubes out there.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I bought a bottle two years ago after reading how great our soldiers thought it was. They claim it works very well in dusty/sandy enviroments. Here in Indiana, I don't see much differnce in my semi-autos. It's OK, but I continue to use Hoppes oil and some grease.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I won a big bottle of the Militec-1 and have been give a few small bottles. It is fine as a lubricant, but my favorite is still FP-10. I saw a live demo of FP-10 years ago and it so impressed me that I can't get it out of my head. That being said, IMHO orel is pretty much orel is pretty much orel.

bradkilburn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    We use it in the ARMY to clean our personal weapons and also on our crew serve weapons like our 50 cals 240s and saws and i would def say its one if not the best product to use

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I used it for about a year several years ago. It's a great lubricant. But I found it to have two drawbacks.

1 Its not very good at rust prevention, it is solely a lube. If you use this, use it only where metal contacts metal and clean frequently. Comes in grease and liquid. I would not recommend this for long periods between cleaning's or for someone that does not clean their weapon after each firing.

2. The second draw back is application. The instructions used to say, to get the most out of it you need to heat the metal parts prior to application - What a hassle. The instructions on the web site now say that you go through a couple of steps it becomes self lubricating. I did the heat thing and never found my weapons to be self lubricating. It is a good lube but with these two points to consider I no longer use it. Here are the instructions on the web site:

The application instructions for using MILITEC-1 Synthetic Metal Conditioner Weapon Lubricant on Firearms. Ultimate Protection.

Top Bottom