Has Armslist now become the craiglist of the gun community?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm not sure why all the Armslist hate. I've used it for buying and selling, just like I've used the classifieds and Gunbroker, with no real issues. Heck, I not only just sold a couple of my higher dollar rifles on Armslist (that were just languishing on the classifieds here), but I found a good deal on HK MP5SD straight mags just yesterday. Contacted the seller, made payment electronically, and he's already shipped the mags. They'll be here tomorrow.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm not sure why all the Armslist hate. I've used it for buying and selling, just like I've used the classifieds and Gunbroker, with no real issues. Heck, I not only just sold a couple of my higher dollar rifles on Armslist (that were just languishing on the classifieds here), but I found a good deal on HK MP5SD straight mags just yesterday. Contacted the seller, made payment electronically, and he's already shipped the mags. They'll be here tomorrow.

I'm not hating, it's more like not trusting. With Gunbroker, I feel like there is more of a vetting process, Armslist, not so much. Just seems shadier to me. I'm glad it works for you. I always need more mp5 mags..... :)

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm not hating, it's more like not trusting. With Gunbroker, I feel like there is more of a vetting process, Armslist, not so much. Just seems shadier to me. I'm glad it works for you. I always need more mp5 mags..... :)

I only bought 10 of them. He's got at least 3 more straight mags and a bunch more curved mags:

ARMSLIST - For Sale: HK91/MP5/Clone Magazines

Also, FTF Industries still has the Korean 30 rounder metal MP5 mags in stock for an okay price, $19.99. They've worked great for me with my various MP5 clones:

H&K MP5 MP5k SP89 94 Military 30 Round Magazine | Firearm Parts & Accessories - Gun Parts & Accessories

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    I'm a huge fan of Armslist, over the last year as I've offloaded a huge portion of my collection I have sold it all on Armslist. Its also great if you want to use your firearms to trade for non firearm items. In the last year I've traded for roofing materials, a horse+trailer and an ATV..all deals ive easily come out on top, have been smooth besides the window shoppers and lowballers. That's the reason you see so many items listed for such high ammounts, the offers that come in are reasonable as no one wants to pay list price. Gunbroker imo is better for your high dollar collector items, but FTF is so much easier for me. Out of the 8 rifles and 2 handguns I've sold I cant think of a shady/bad deal.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    I have bought a few Mosin off the site armslist...and I believe most the time its is like criagslist people want to offer you 50 bucks or a couch lol heck a few time they dont even show up. I have a few thing listed but they are weapons or survival gear (m40s MRE etc)

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    The OP is right about the Armslist format.......it sucks compared what they had before. small gradual tweaks might have helped instead of the overhaul.

TedArnsfret

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2016
    New Palestine
    My biggest problem with Armslist sellers (and maybe used weapon sellers in general) is that a majority don't take the current market into consideration when determining their asking price. This is especially apparent when shopping for AR parts on Armslist. I'm sorry that you paid $299 for your billet lower during the scare, but I'm not going to pay you $250 for it used when I can buy it NIB at my LGS for $169. I don't care how offended you are by my "lowball" offer of $150.

Sooo many armslist ads for used items listed for more than the current NIB price. Get real Armslist sellers!

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Armlist is full of Vendors selling and advertising their wares, so be it, however, not so many deals there anymore, just high priced new and used stuff.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Armlist is full of Vendors selling and advertising their wares, so be it, however, not so many deals there anymore, just high priced new and used stuff.

I have to agree, I don't look on there near as much as I used to. I like to be able to drill down a search easier than they way they have it set up now.
    I'm sure they're end goal was to get more advertising dollars, and I know I am not the only one that feels like they have ruined their website.

Top Bottom