• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think you understand.

This isn't about me, this is about my concerns for the general public at large, and the dangers these platforms carry for society at large. As for privacy options, if you really think those accomplish anything you're naive.

It might make you LESS visible, but it does not lock out creeps. As for the data your ISP collects and sells? They're looking for marketing material, they couldn't care less about hurting your kids, destroying your career, or any ideological games.

At the risk of a dog pile......Always follow the money.

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    I don't think you understand.

This isn't about me, this is about my concerns for the general public at large, and the dangers these platforms carry for society at large. As for privacy options, if you really think those accomplish anything you're naive.

It might make you LESS visible, but it does not lock out creeps. As for the data your ISP collects and sells? They're looking for marketing material, they couldn't care less about hurting your kids, destroying your career, or any ideological games.

There is plenty we can do to change it.

Until the monopolies of social media are broken down, I believe they need a healthy dose of government regulation making them accountable for securing people's privacy on their platforms. As well as barring such platforms from requiring real names and real information.

Some in the liberty movement may find fault with this, but let me the first to make you aware, your movement will stagnate and disappear if things aren't done to make people safer to speak their mind. Most people won't throw their job away just to express their views.

Oh...wait I thought it was the left that did the fear mongering or is it the right no left right? Lol but I'll just head back over here to the naive non tinfoil hat section...way you make it out we should all pack up our woman folk an head for the woods ...so much fear here...
    As for the rest of your ramblings on those free banks and companies the are free to hire who they please and loan money to who they please in this land at least. if they don't like my phyco post they don't have to hire me I'll not hide in the Shadows.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oh...wait I thought it was the left that did the fear mongering or is it the right no left right? Lol but I'll just head back over here to the naive non tinfoil hat section...way you make it out we should all pack up our woman folk an head for the woods ...so much fear here...
    As for the rest of your ramblings on those free banks and companies the are free to hire who they please and loan money to who they please in this land at least. if they don't like my phyco post they don't have to hire me I'll not hide in the Shadows.

Your argument is no different than people saying "I don't need the 4th amendment, I have nothing to hide!"

Maybe you don't today, but in the future you will be sadly mistaken about that mindset. I recommend you investigate what is happening outside your neighborhood.

Top Bottom