• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    I remember as a kid all the boys would get together on Saturday after lunch and prep for a war with our G.I. Joes. I mean yeah it involved a mag ifyimg glass and some firecrackers strapped to a poor Figure being held ransom for some ungodly amount of Monopoly money.. but in the end your right this was the bread and butter for hasbro for a few years. I miss my Joe’s..

You might enjoy the new netflix series The Toys That Made Us https://www.netflix.com/title/80161497. It has an entire episode on GI Joe. Good trips down memory lane.

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    The first from Indiana has now been arrested. We arent sure yet how many victims there are.

Former owner of Hobart Games Inn accused of molesting 13-year-old girl. Police say there may be more victims. | Crime and Courts | nwitimes.com

[h=1]Former owner of Hobart Games Inn accused of molesting 13-year-old girl. Police say there may be more victims.[/h]
    HOBART — Police arrested the former owner of a downtown gaming store Thursday on charges he molested a 13-year-old girl multiple times while her family visited the shop.

Hobart police said the girl may not be David E. Jackson III's only victim, because they recently received an anonymous tip Jackson and another man were engaging in sexual misconduct with minors and sexual assault in an upstairs apartment at Games Inn and Dark Ground Cafe, 301 Center St.

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    Update. The wheels of justice turn slowly.

Jason Long, a high ranking Magic the Gathering judge, plead guilty to sexually abusing a boy at his authorized game store. He was sentenced to jail followed by supervised treatment. Long was one of the ones we were most concerned about due to his previous convictions, having previously judged at GenCon in Indianapolis, and his continued running of game store and attending conventions while on bail.

We expect a coviction of another one from Indiana In the next few weeks. I will post an update on that case as soon as conviction and sentence is publicly released.

https://www.nwherald.com/2019/03/07...p-owner-gets-jail-time-for-sex-abuse/agux8ld/
    Former McHenry game shop owner gets jail time for sex abuse

An Arlington Heights man who is a convicted sex offender was sentenced to jail Thursday and ordered to receive counseling in connection with 2017 claims that he sexually abused a boy at a McHenry game shop.
    Long accepted an offer from the McHenry County StateÂ’s Attorney’s Office in January and pleaded guilty to aggravated criminal sexual abuse.

Judge Robert Wilbrandt sentenced Long to six months in the McHenry County Jail followed by 2½ years of probation, during which he must undergo sex offender treatment. Assistant State's Attorney Mary Ann Scholl had asked the judge to sentence Long to five years in prison, based on a previous conviction for a similar offense.

Long previously owned Snap Keep Games, 4400 W. Elm St., where the abuse occurred, the victim's mother said.

“[The victim] doesn’t understand why this guy was able to get a license to run a business targeted toward young teens,” the mother said.

Last edited:

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    This is some crazy ****. My kids play games and this helps remind me to pay close attention to what they’re playing and who they’re interacting with. Makes my blood boil to think about these monsters hurting/abusing children. Lord help anyone that harms any of my children, I’d go to prison for what I would do to them.

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    Also, note as per Long's case how the predators are using uber/Lyft to bring children to them. So dont think that if you drop off a child at a friend's house that they will stay there. Glympse is a good app for verifying where your teen is: Glympse can locate kids via cell phone GPS | SafeKids.com

It turns out Chicago Trib has reported on the plea deal in the works for David Jackson, so will post that story here to help parents understand how this plays out.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...ptb-hobart-jackson-hearing-st-0220-story.html
    Attorneys discuss plea deal possibility for ex-Hobart game store owner

Attorneys are waiting to see if a plea deal is possible in the case of a former Hobart game store owner accused of engaging in sexual conduct with three underage girls.David E. Jackson III, 38, has pleaded not guilty to felony charges stemming from the alleged incidents at Games Inn, 301 Center St., with girls as young as 13 and 14, going back to 2014, according to court records.

One victim said Jackson asked if "she wanted to paint the bathrooms" at the store, offering to pay her, a probable cause affidavit states.

As the girl left after painting, Jackson kissed her, according to the affidavit. The girl "asked him what he was doing" and "told him to please stop," telling him "she was just a kid," the affidavit states.
    Jackson still made sexual advances, according to court records.
    The girl said she met Jackson upstairs at Games Inn where he had three bottles of alcohol for her, according to the affidavit.
    The girl put the liquor in her backpack and told Jackson she would pay him later, the affidavit states, but he told her "no, it comes with a different price."

Jackson then "forcibly pushed her in a chair" and had sex with her, according to the affidavit.
    Another girl said Jackson "was overly nice and would occasionally touch her shoulder," showing her "a lot of attention," the affidavit states.

Jackson "wanted to show her a game and he took her to an area located off the game room," where he kissed and touched her, according to the affidavit.
    The girl said "this happened several more times" when she came to the store, the affidavit states.
    When the girl came to the store and was “upset about her relationship with her boyfriend,” Jackson "took her to his office" and closed and locked the door before inappropriately touching the girl, according to the affidavit.
    Jackson messaged her on Snapchat "to come to the shop" and had sex with her multiple times in his office and apartment, according to court records.

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN

We have an outcome in the David Jackson case. He is the game store owner who aroused suspicion by putting his store up for fire sale a couple days after Hasbro required background checks. It still isn't clear how many he raped/molested but three young teenagers came forward willing to provide statements. After a drawn out procedural process up and down the court system, he ultimately pleaded guilty in all three of those incidents. It is possible from the deal struck with prosecutors that he will receive no prison time. This is not uncommon as cutting such aggresive deals saves kids from having to endure what can be a further traumatizing trial process.​

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Someone is going to have to tell me what kind of background check wouldn’t reveal a child predator??? Like seriously, I’m confused. Are there “non-official” type background checks?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Someone is going to have to tell me what kind of background check wouldn’t reveal a child predator??? Like seriously, I’m confused. Are there “non-official” type background checks?
    1st......FMJ is right. I am numb brained from 1 solid page.

2nd...Kut, I have no idea in this age of info and access how anything this sinister can stay hidden.

Axxe55

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Texas.
    1st......FMJ is right. I am numb brained from 1 solid page.

2nd...Kut, I have no idea in this age of info and access how anything this sinister can stay hidden.
    Just a guess and supposition on my part, that until they are arrested, or charged with any such type of criminal act, they probably fly under the radar so to speak. So if they haven't been arrested for any type of sexual criminal act, there would be no record that a background check would reveal.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just a guess and supposition on my part, that until they are arrested, or charged with any such type of criminal act, they probably fly under the radar so to speak. So if they haven't been arrested for any type of sexual criminal act, there would be no record that a background check would reveal.
    I would agree but weeding out the ones who have already been convicted is a huge step forward over letting them in.

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    For closure, here is an update on the David Jackson case. In exchange for his guilty plead, prison time was replaced by probation and a 10-year sex offender registry extension.

Sad thing is that before we got Wizards of the Coast to require a clean background check, he could have just opened another store, started hosting tourneys, and begun again. That sort of thing went on for decades and sadly still seems to continue in some countries like Canada.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...cle_a50d1dae-9d15-5460-9e72-6758f07c4024.html
    Former game store owner gets probation for sexual misconduct

Top Bottom