Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't read the link...but looks like she teaches at IVY Tech. Isn't well liked with a small sampling of 4 people. I take it with a grain of salt, they are college kids.

Laura*Marland at Ivy Tech Community College: Lafayette - RateMyProfessors.com
    As an alumni of IVY Tech Indianapolis I just wonder if she is full time or adjunct. I had an adjunct Prof. for my Economics course and he was pretty worthless. Got my A but kept the book for review. At any rate the woman, and the rest of the people that are upset with the NRA convention will be proven just how wrong they are. I myself am considering being a volunteer for the Convention since it is here in INDY.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As an alumni of IVY Tech Indianapolis I just wonder if she is full time or adjunct. I had an adjunct Prof. for my Economics course and he was pretty worthless. Got my A but kept the book for review. At any rate the woman, and the rest of the people that are upset with the NRA convention will be proven just how wrong they are. I myself am considering being a volunteer for the Convention since it is here in INDY.

She is adjunct according to the person finder on the Ivy Tech website. which means that she does 3 or less classes per semester.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Take it from someone who has been an adjunct x2. The vast majority (not all) in the academic "community" are way left of center. They do their best to keep it that way with the hiring and assignment process.

If I had gotten the kind of evaluations that instructor got I would have been so embarrassed I think I would have crawled in a hole somewhere. Would like to see the totality of her scores, on the surface it looks like she isn't in it for the students.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Take it from someone who has been an adjunct x2. The vast majority (not all) in the academic "community" are way left of center. They do their best to keep it that way with the hiring and assignment process.

If I had gotten the kind of evaluations that instructor got I would have been so embarrassed I think I would have crawled in a hole somewhere. Would like to see the totality of her scores, on the surface it looks like she isn't in it for the students.

Ivy Tech is more of a junior college. But with tenured facility like Purdue or IU have, the wackos do seem to have the loudest voices. When I first saw the letter to the editor, I assumed that she was with Purdue.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    It was actually 86,000 plus responsible gun owners at Houston, my wife and I are proud to have been two of them. The anti-gun rally outside attracted I think 3 protesters, it was great!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Houston protests

nra-protest-houston.jpg

Why the axe? Would he ask the government to disarm if more guns=more death?

hqdefault.jpg

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    April 25 thru 27 at the Convention Center

How does one get an invite to this event? Sounds like fun.

Just show up.

If you are a NRA member, no cost.

If not a member, it's I want to say $10.00??, it's a great time, not only the exhibit hall, but the seminars are great too. In 2011 at Pittsburgh, I was getting an autograph from one of the speakers on the 1911, WW2 vet, his name slips me now, nicest guy, was talking about how his Dad got him a 1911, had it hard chromed and sent it to him in England inside a cake, sweeps back his suit coat, and sits the hard Chromed 1911 in the table in-between us, was great!

He even had it attached with a lanyard. Best time ever. We go every year since then, work it into our vacation.

HTH

Bob

Top Bottom