• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Well I got a new knife for Christmas and it's a Havalon Piranta with the orange handle. If you haven't seen one, it has a replaceable surgical blade. It comes with 12 blades and I got another pack of 12 more blades. I am really looking forward to use it, maybe I'll have a chance during late doe season! If i do, I'll give a first hand report. I am curious if anyone else uses one.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Here is a picture.... image.jpg To change blades all you do is lift the bottom corner and slide the blade off. I used a leatherman tool to grab the blade and the new blade slides on. These things are extremely sharp! What's really nice is you never have to sharpen it and a new pack of blades is like $8.00. Supposedly you can dress and butcher a couple of deer with the same blade.

Last edited:

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I have one, have given several as gifts and absolutely love them. The 22xt blade(dull at the tip) I affectionately calm the zipper it flat flies along a hide and not into the meat I also keep several of the sterile 60 size blades (pictured in you post) in my tool box for splinters and blood blisters ect. Some people tell me I'm silly to buy blades when I could just sharpen a "real" knife but the 100 pack blades come in around $.25 ea and if you'll sharpen my knife in 3 seconds for a quarter anytime I ask I'll gladly give up my piranta. Great gift kiss whoever gave it to you !

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have one, have given several as gifts and absolutely love them. The 22xt blade(dull at the tip) I affectionately calm the zipper it flat flies along a hide and not into the meat I also keep several of the sterile 60 size blades (pictured in you post) in my tool box for splinters and blood blisters ect. Some people tell me I'm silly to buy blades when I could just sharpen a "real" knife but the 100 pack blades come in around $.25 ea and if you'll sharpen my knife in 3 seconds for a quarter anytime I ask I'll gladly give up my piranta. Great gift kiss whoever gave it to you !
    I got it from my wife, I really like the idea of it being sharp every time i go to use it. I will always use my Buck 105 as my main kitchen knife but I think my Havalon will be my deer knife. I will put it to the test for my next deer, field dress, skin and butcher instead of using 3 different knives. I look forward to giving a review.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dorjan jackson
    Top Bottom