Have a medical marijuana card in Hawaii? No guns for you.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Never mind the pharmaceutical drug dealers wouldn't want to loose any business they stick with the natural medical treatments

I just don't . . .

Want makes you think that Eli Lilly or Pfizer or Roche or whoever does not already grow pot? Pot moves off Schedule I those companies are going to be in a position to capitalize the next day.

Pharmaceutical companies do not care. Making marijuana illegal is a way to codify racism and create revenue for law enforcement. Why do you think IPAC stands in the way of medical marijuana? IPAC is not a lackey of Eli Lilly. IPAC wants to ensure that the racism beyond marijuana prohibition stands and that they get paid.

You have the wrong actor.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    This is why medically prescribed and recreational weed needs to be completely deregulated and taken off 4473 questions and all the drug schedules should be considered same as cigarettes and tobacco.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, how does enforcement of MJ laws codify racism?

Marijuana laws originated from racism directed at Hispanics and African-Americans. The laws are racist in origin and nothing more than codifying racist culture of the time. Not that enforcing marijuana laws is akin to enforcing separate drinking fountains but both laws spring from the same toxic stew, racism. Anslinger was a vile individual.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/14/marijuana-prohibition-racist_n_4590190.html

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Please understand that even though marijuana prohibition is racist, I understand as a matter of law why HI is doing what it is doing.

I advise clients who want to take Spring Break in Colorado and in my CLE presentations for NBI and IPDC that one must make a choice, dope or guns. Cannot have both.

Personally I despise marijuana and any drug that leads to dirty feet and shoelessness.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm neither here nor there on MJ prohibition, but a big part of me wants to see it legalized so we can stop hearing specious arguments about how it will cur everything fron hangnails to AIDS.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm neither here nor there on MJ prohibition, but a big part of me wants to see it legalized so we can stop hearing specious arguments about how it will cur everything fron hangnails to AIDS.

My argument is policy only. I do not believe that it is a constitutional right and I do not believe that it is some cure-all "medicine".

However, after my mom had ovarian, if the doc told me that it would help mom, I would buy a bag and roll the joints myself.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Marijuana laws originated from racism directed at Hispanics and African-Americans. The laws are racist in origin and nothing more than codifying racist culture of the time. Not that enforcing marijuana laws is akin to enforcing separate drinking fountains but both laws spring from the same toxic stew, racism. Anslinger was a vile individual.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/14/marijuana-prohibition-racist_n_4590190.html

Kirk,

I agree with the assessment of racist roots in the prohibition of MJ. It is not unlike the same racist roots for the original Conceal Carry laws that were passed in the mid-1800's. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Top Bottom