Have a medical marijuana card in Hawaii? No guns for you.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So a person could be convicted of violating 922(g)(3) if the only evidence against them was that they had a gun and an MJ card?

Dude, they're the feds. They are going to come with a freight car full of evidence.

Your doctor, your girlfriend, your buddies, photos of you in and out of the dope store, e-mails/texts of you contacting the dope store, the dope store clerk, the two buddies from 9th grade that you smoked your first dope stick with, your dog, your girlfriend's dog, inter alia.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    So me being someone who uses alcohol maybe 3-4 times per year, and not to excess, and not while I'm carrying/handling a firearm, should be banned from owning firearms?

No need to ban it, just ban anyone who uses it from owning a gun. Oh, and by "uses it" I mean "is legally qualified to buy it" since apparently they're the same thing.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Dude, they're the feds. They are going to come with a freight car full of evidence.

Your doctor, your girlfriend, your buddies, photos of you in and out of the dope store, e-mails/texts of you contacting the dope store, the dope store clerk, the two buddies from 9th grade that you smoked your first dope stick with, your dog, your girlfriend's dog, inter alia.

Generally a man's dog won't testify against him, because he's a good boy.

The GF's dog on the other hand isn't so loyal. She's usually just some b*tch.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It didn't work with alcohol and it is NOT working with other substances like MJ. We as a society are no closer to winning the so-called war on drugs than when it started, and all we've accomplished is filling our jails and prisons with people who are self medicating.

I don't use drugs of any kind, including alcohol, and I still have yet to see a benefit to this insane war on drugs. All we are really accomplishing is the creation of black-market enterprises, just like the one that Al Capone built in the alcohol prohibition era.

So get the law changed. The law is what it is until its not. Most times, given knowledge of a violation, laws are going to be enforced.

Sandy Duncan and Sammy Davis, Jr. saw this coming from the left.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's how they got David Berkowitz....

srcstc.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

mstrmstr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    READ the letter completely

Using is the issue.

NOTE in the letter it also includes AMMUNITION..A federally unregulated purchase! Snuck one in on ya -- Look foreward to the future when a DRUG TEST will be required to purchase a firearm.. IT IS COMING

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    NOTE in the letter it also includes AMMUNITION..A federally unregulated purchase! Snuck one in on ya -- Look foreward to the future when a DRUG TEST will be required to purchase a firearm.. IT IS COMING
    Persons ineligible to purchase gun shows federally are also disallowed ammunition. Felons can possess neither firearms or ammunition.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So a person could be convicted of violating 922(g)(3) if the only evidence against them was that they had a gun and an MJ card?

If someone else picked up the tab for it, I would happily obtain the card for the purpose of being the "test case".

Consider:

I do not drink alcohol-containing beverages knowingly.
    Full disclosure: I have had a sip of beer at age 5 and a sip of wine at age 13.
    I have never actively used illicit drugs.
    Full disclosure: I have had a "contact high" while working various concerts over the years.
    I have never used scheduled drugs.
    Full disclosure: I was given an injection of morphine at age 17 after the removal of my appendix, and that over my protests, AND
    I was given a prescription by a dentist after the removal of a bad tooth. 18 months later, I shredded the prescription, unfilled.
    I do not use tobacco or nicotine in any form.

Yes, I am boring. Don't care.

You want to make a case for me using because I have a piece of paper or plastic in my wallet? Pack a lunch. You're gonna have a LOT of work to do and it will end in disappointment for you.

It will have the pleasant side effect, however, of striking down BS rulings like this.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom