• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    I have been thinking lately about some of the things that led to the rise of Obama. I voted in the primaries in 2008; by then the Republican nomination had been sealed.... I HAD NO VOICE.

This needs to change. Indiana is skipped in the primaries because of our May primary date. Hoosiers lack the voice that other states have in choosing our presidential candidates.

The 2012 election is incredibly important; I want to have a voice in choosing who will run against 0bama. I suspect you do too.

Please contact your State Representatives, State Senators and the Governor so we can get this on the agenda for the next legislative session. Ask them to give you a voice in picking the next presidential candidates; ask them to bring presidential primary candidates dollars to this state and move up the date of primary elections to the Super Tuesday date!

Find your State Legislators here: Find your Indiana legislators

Contact the Governor here: Governor Daniels: Ask Mitch

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'd much rather see the party primaries return to being a non taxpayer funded party function. It's party business that's being funded by the taxpayers. Let everything be conducted in conventions. If you're concerned about getting a candidate elected then it would behoove you to get involved in the party process and not send a bill to the taxpayers. Not r and d' have to foot the bill for something that should be their business on their dime, like the libertarians do.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Actually, if Indiana were to move up its primary date, there would be an even larger under-representation. The parties are in fact planning on punishing the states which hold early elections by denying a portion of their delegates. Other than traditional early states (NH, Iowa), both parties in general are beginning to disapprove of the earlier and earlier elections. Therefore, be content or lose delegates, I'd take being content with what we have and hoping for a close race between candidates.
    See here.

mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    Actually, if Indiana were to move up its primary date, there would be an even larger under-representation. The parties are in fact planning on punishing the states which hold early elections by denying a portion of their delegates. Other than traditional early states (NH, Iowa), both parties in general are beginning to disapprove of the earlier and earlier elections. Therefore, be content or lose delegates, I'd take being content with what we have and hoping for a close race between candidates.
    See here.

I dont want earlier than other states.... if you look, I just want parity with the super Tuesday states. Florida in 2008 got punished by the Democrats by pushing their date earlier than the Super Tuesday date; I dont want to be first, I just want to have a voice. Hoping for a voice is unacceptable.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    Process or voting method might be a better avenue of reform. Complete overhaul and conversion to Condorcet or approval voting methods would deliver more intelligent choices. One vote with the 2 party system is producing rino's and split votes at every attempt to reform the representation in DC.

mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    Process or voting method might be a better avenue of reform. Complete overhaul and conversion to Condorcet or approval voting methods would deliver more intelligent choices. One vote with the 2 party system is producing rino's and split votes at every attempt to reform the representation in DC.

overhaul isn't likely to happen. I like the idea and would support it; but we need a backup plan. move up the date; and then if we can go to caucuses or something else in the mean time, well then awesome. But I don't want indecision to end up without us having a say in the nominee....again...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I recently attended the GOP convention as a delegate. I shall not do so again. The delegates were each charged $80 to assist in paying for the convention, parking (and a hotel, if one stayed over-I did not) and a weekend taken up to go down, listen to a bunch of speeches only to be given a single candidate in each office (Sec. of State, State Treasurer, State Auditor) who had been chosen weeks prior to the first caucus... This was not voting at a convention, it was a coronation in each case, that could have been handled far more efficiently, quickly, and cheaply by email.

Perhaps the primaries are funded differently, I neither know nor care, but this was completely unacceptable and I was thoroughly disgusted.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom