• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I just wanted to show my new TSA approved travel rig for airline travel, and thought that my fellow INGO members would want to check it out.

This water-proof, Pelican Case (model 1170) is a nifty little rig for airline travel. It is perfect for a smaller gun like the LCP, with room to spare for separate ammo, magazine and even my trusty Emerson CQC7. I really like how the lower foam is sectioned into 1/2" squares to create just the right size and shape cavity for whatever you want to carry. For around $35.00, you really cant go wrong.

Now I can fly out to the Nevada, and still be able to provide protection for my me and wife while we hike around the desert.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Looks good!

Maybe we can turn this thread into a "what fits in what?" for flying with firearms?

I use a Pelican 1170 for a Sig P-220 compact...

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Update: My wife and I returned safely from the desert Southwest and I am happy to report that the LCP traveled well in the Pelican case.

As to the question of ammo in the locked gun case... There were no issues at all with this. The airline and TSA were only concerned about ammo inside the gun itself. A quick inspection of the contents of the gun case and the visual confirmation that the firearm was unloaded during travel was all that was required. The case was re-locked by me after the inspection and the gun case was stowed in the checked luggage. It was the same procedure both ways and nobody even raised an eyebrow.

All in all, it was a very pleasant trip and having my trusty LCP with me was quite comforting on the hikes both in and out of town.

Top Bottom