Have INGO discussions shaped your principles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have INGO discussions changed your outlook?

• Total voters

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I said other. I don't think that for the most part my views have changed so much as they have been shaped. There are so many intelligent people on here that have spent so much time exploring and shaping their views that when I read posts I sometimes think "that's how I feel but I never put it into those words". If anything INGO has done a lot to help me express to others how I feel.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Not substantially. There have been a very few well thought out discussions and several very eloquent posters who can well articulate their views that have allowed me to examine my beliefs in a few areas and I may have shifted a little on some of them, but what I see more of is a whole raft of political discussions that are little more than parroting of party or demagogue lines, a whole lot of tin-hat paranoia, and the anguished cries of people who are unhappy with their lot in life and who will find something to complain about no matter what.

About the main thing INGO has done for me as far as principles goes: I am more likely to OC in situations where I may not have before (I still mostly CC). I have a better idea of how to defend myself legally if hassled about carrying a gun (clearer picture of what my rights are), and it has more firmly cemented my opinion that political extremists are less about being able to share a view as they are about you acknowledging that they are more right than you are, even when your views don't substantially differ.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    No. The vast majority of conversations here are idiots arguing with other idiots who believe anything they read on the internet.

Repped.

Shaped your priciples? Really? If you didn't have any when you got here, i'm not sure you're going to leave with any.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Repped.

Shaped your priciples? Really? If you didn't have any when you got here, i'm not sure you're going to leave with any.

Really? You can't speak for everyone here, birds. ;)

Discussions on INGO lead me to the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and our Bill of Rights. Discussions on INGO changed how I felt about freedom. INGO helped shape my opinions on health care, recreational (illegal) drug use, our military, police officers, and many other things.

I came here as a 19/20 year old college student who was stupid enough to vote for Obama (I preferred Ron Paul, but Indiana preferred McCain). If I've only learned one thing from INGO, I've learned to research the candidates I get to vote on. I've learned a lot of other things too. INGO is awesome.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Opinions on things? Yes. Principles, meh.... What INGO did for me was provide multiple sides of an arguement with concrete evidence given for both (or each) side. It has shown other viewpoints. I may not agree with someone, I may think someone is a little out there, but that is the point of discussion: Sharing ideas.

As for "idiots", I think it is pretty bad that people think that if they don't believe in your "way", then they are an idiot.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I voted other...I haven't changed mine but I have developed a deeper definition and understanding of how to better explain or classify what mine are.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    I'm such an "idiot" :n00b: I had to look for the definition of "principles" before I could vote. I found there were a lot of definitions, but I chose this one:
    "A principle is one of several things: (a) a descriptive comprehensive and fundamental law, doctrine, or assumption; (b) a normative rule or code of conduct, and (c) a law or fact of nature underlying the working of an artificial device." Some INGO authors have helped me modify some of my "assumptions."

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I haven't changed any fundamental principles, but I've learned a lot and changed some of my views on particular issues or particular aspects of issues.

If all someone sees here are idiots, well, I suggest they're either telling on themselves a little, or they're really, really smart.

There are some IQs on this forum that are eight or ten inches, at least.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Other.

Changed my principles? No
    Shaped my political outlook a bit, due to gaining add'l perspective from a few intelligent guys and gals? Yep.

Top Bottom