Have no Answers to my question? Call me what I want or go to jail.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    This officer put up with way too much crap from this criminal.

p.s. there are 4 vides so this goes on for quite sometime.

(I didnt even hear any "rights" being read when being placed under arrest, is there a new amendment which negates these?)

YouTube - badcopnov22 001-1.avi

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    sure seems like there were two jackasses in that video. "it's deputy ...say that back to me...I will come back here every day....you aren't answering my questions... Camera guy should have played along to get along...but he didn't, so the Deputy had to exert his authoritah.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    This officer put up with way too much crap from this criminal.

p.s. there are 4 vides so this goes on for quite sometime.

(I didnt even hear any "rights" being read when being placed under arrest, is there a new amendment which negates these?)

I agree that the officer put up with way too much, if it was me, I would have left at the first sign that he didn't want to cooperate.

Rights are also not required (to be read to you) when you are being arrested, only when you are being questioned in addition to being arrested or detained.

Last edited:

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Fella doing the taping is definitely a jerk, no question. This could have gone a whole lot better if he had just been polite (not cooperative necessarily, but polite).That being said, the officer may have acted in polite manner, but he clearly overstepped his authority (and his taste in music sucks). Someone can be polite and cordial while threatening you, but its still threatening you. The officer definitely gets on a heck of a power-trip. His assumptions as to whether the guy is being honest with him are irrelevant.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    He keeps saying he has nothing else to say, so he should have just shut up. He keeps talking and answering questions even after he said he didn't want to.

I think I would have just said no he is not here and then shut the door. No reason to go outside=No reason to get arrested.

Last edited:

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I agree that the officer put up with way too much, if it was me, I would have left at the first sign that he didn't want to cooperate.

Rights are also not required (to be read to you) when you are being arrested, only when you are being questioned in addition to being arrested or detained.
    This. Miranda Rights are more or less to cover cop's asses. On top of that they're really only required for interrogation. The cop didn't need to read him his rights really because he wasn't planing to question him (I'm assuming) after he was detained. The guy broke a silly law, the cop was going to take him to the PD, and that would have been the end of it. Cops don't read you your rights for traffic tickets either. At least, thats my understanding. He probably should have for his own ass though.

The deputy definitely was showing his aggravation and should've left instead of chest puffing, but I don't think he was the bigger jackass in this video.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010

YouTube - badcopnov22 001-1.avi

He does not have to read him his rights when he arrest him. Police are not required to read Mirianda to anyone they arrest. Miranda is not mentioned in the Constitution. It is CASE law. In order for Miranda to apply you need two things;

1. Police custody.
    2. Police interrogation

Even if you have 1 and 2 you still do not have to read Miranda. However nothing you say can and will be used against you in court.

I seldom read Miranda. Most of the time if I have arrested you I have already established probable cause. No need for interrogation.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    the contact should have been terminated when he said the guy wasnt there. officer jbt oops i mean deputy jbt showed who the real jackass was. you come onto a mans property and threaten him with harassment and arrest and then complain that hes not respecting you. looks like another young kid with the "you will respect my authoritah" attitude.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    the contact should have been terminated when he said the guy wasnt there. officer jbt oops i mean deputy jbt showed who the real jackass was. you come onto a mans property and threaten him with harassment and arrest and then complain that hes not respecting you. looks like another young kid with the "you will respect my authoritah" attitude.
    He didnt come on to his property and threaten him with harassment. He didn't even say anything close until a long time in to the conversation.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010

Main thing he did wrong, showed up alone on a felony warrant then started arguing with the guy like a 3rd grader. Summon the posse get a hard copy of the warrant enter home.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Main thing he did wrong, showed up alone on a felony warrant then started arguing with the guy like a 3rd grader. Summon the posse get a hard copy of the warrant enter home.
    i was kinda surprised. i was expecting to see armored cars,swat,canines and a bear in the air. i bet he gets ripped by the chief. he just screwed the other cops out of a para military raid.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Is it legal for a law enforcer to return to a home every day and hassle the owner of the property, sans warrant? Is this a normal means of acquiring information?

Would the man have been safe in saying, "I am ending this encounter. Have a nice day.", turning around, and walking into his house, closing the door behind him?

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Is it legal for a law enforcer to return to a home every day and hassle the owner of the property, sans warrant? Is this a normal means of acquiring information?

Would the man have been safe in saying, "I am ending this encounter. Have a nice day.", turning around, and walking into his house, closing the door behind him?

Legal? Yes, if there's good reason to believe the person that has a warrant out for them still lives there. There are better ways to apprehend that individual than by visiting a house every day though.

Yes, that would have (should have?) ended the encounter. Probably would have been better to just stay inside in the first place. Answer the questions and don't let the officer in the door. That officer should have left when the guy said he was done answering questions. He may have tried knocking the door in if the guy tried to stay inside or go back in. I don't see how a conviction is possible in this case except that the guy won't get decent representation and will take a plea that is offered to him.

Top Bottom