• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I don't think they have, however, the slide guns seem to be more "in vogue" these days..

Personally, I'm more of a revolver guy, as there is just something exciting about seeing the mechanical workings of a wheel gun, how they feel in my hand, the long barrels, BIG muzzle flashes, etc. The first handgun I ever fired as a kid was a .357 Colt Python my step father had. It was love at first squeeze and I've been hooked ever since!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    So,you are someplace you should not be,something bad happens....that you can't prevent, that pocket revolver don't throw evidence everywhere.....Just sayin.....

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    118   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    no they haven't lost their place in the world......picked this up the other day......1 of the toughest snubby's made!!

Colt Lawman MKIII 357mag.....

S3010441.jpg

S3010440.jpg

S3010439.jpg

S3010442.jpg

S3010438.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    "No Virginia, the snubbie has not lost it's place. For as long is there is malice in the hearts of men there will be a place for 5 or 6 for sure whether it be by the nightstand, the appendix, an old sock, a glove box, the hip or the holster. For Horace Smith and Dan Wesson so loved the world that they set the stage for the J frame Smith. So that men without black jeans,black t-shirts, shaved heads, and earrings would have something to carry that feels and looks like something other than their mattel toy guns from their youth and would provide them with the comfort they need. For Yeah though I dirve to the quickie mart at 3 am because my pregnant wife needs chili mac fritos and I mean she needs them NOW I will fear no evil. For even though I am wearing a t shirt and gym trunks my 640-1 comforts me, the speedloader comforts me, the five 115 grain .357 magnums hollow points made to expand from a snub comfort me. Blessed be our Saints, Elmer, Skeeter, McGivern, and Jordan. Amen"

;)

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    For comfortable everyday carry and reliability, it is tough to beat S&W J frame revolvers. Mine are a Model 640 and a 340 M&P, both in 357. No hammer to snag, and use every thing from 38 wadcutter, 38 +P, up to 357 magnum interchangably. One is always in my belt and one stays in the truck, both stoked with +P. Speedloaders for a 5 shot take up little room and allow flexibility in power. I particularly love the BIG WHITE DOT of the 340 M&P for us old guys.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Rossi M88 was my 21st birthday present from my parents. IT is, and always will, be dear to me. It is actually easier for me to conceal a lot of times than the 1911. 15 years and 19 days I've owned this pistol. I have no interest in EVER getting rid of it.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The S&W 642 has been my bicycle gun of choice for @ 4 years now. I am looking to change it out with an LCR soon though. Revolvers work best for me because I like to carry assorted rounds. I like to load two CCI shotshell in a row and then 3 Speer 125gr Gold Dots. The shotshells are for dogs if I can't out run them, which so far has not happened.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I have 5 rounds of .357 ready to go in a very compact configuration in the pocket that will never have a failure to feed or failure to eject. 5 rounds with the two most common malfunctions that plague autos removed is just fine by me. I will admit I carry 2 snubbies though so technically that's 10 rounds of .357.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    "No Virginia, the snubbie has not lost it's place. For as long is there is malice in the hearts of men there will be a place for 5 or 6 for sure whether it be by the nightstand, the appendix, an old sock, a glove box, the hip or the holster. For Horace Smith and Dan Wesson so loved the world that they set the stage for the J frame Smith. So that men without black jeans,black t-shirts, shaved heads, and earrings would have something to carry that feels and looks like something other than their mattel toy guns from their youth and would provide them with the comfort they need. For Yeah though I dirve to the quickie mart at 3 am because my pregnant wife needs chili mac fritos and I mean she needs them NOW I will fear no evil. For even though I am wearing a t shirt and gym trunks my 640-1 comforts me, the speedloader comforts me, the five 115 grain .357 magnums hollow points made to expand from a snub comfort me. Blessed be our Saints, Elmer, Skeeter, McGivern, and Jordan. Amen"

;)

Amen brother! :bow: Maybe a better way to phrase this is that the snub makes a great social gun or a gentleman's handgun. They conceal well and I personally believe that many an average sheeple don't look at a small revolver the same way as an ugly black gun.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I carry full-sized semi-autos, pocket-sized semi-autos, and sometimes even carry my snubbie Ruger SP-101 in .357 Magnum. It may not have the capacity of a full-sized semi-auto, but it more than makes up for that deficiency with sheer stopping power. With Buffalo Bore 158gr .357 Magnums shot at 1,398 fps, the snubbie Ruger has 685 ft/lbs of muzzle energy. That far exceeds the muzzle energy of a 9mm (412 ft/lbs), 40 S&W (487 ft/lbs) or 45 ACP (521 ft/lbs) shot from a 5" barrel.

My SP-101 Pocket Cannon:
    sp101shineon.jpg

Accuracy of a Snubbie off-hand, slow fire at 15-yards:
    2ndtarget.jpg

• Performance data for .357 Magnum ammo from buffalobore.com
    • Performance data for 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP from Speer Ammo - Home

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I use 148gr wadcutters in my target guns, they make nice paper punches, I never thought about using them for a defense load.:dunno:

In the days before reliable expanding ammo for snubs, 148 grain wadcutters were carried alot in snubbies by police and civilians. When I was teenager and full of myself I used to hang out at the old Clark County Gun Range (where the airport is now, they even had a genuine Hogan's Alley!) every day and even shoot in some of the matches (bowling pin and PPC). Many of the local police carried 148 grain wadcutters in their back up guns due to their reliabilty in expanding out of a snub. I know it seems weird now but the federal nyclad was the first .38 round designed to expand out of a two inch barrel and up until then the 148 grain wadcutter was in common use. I would not feel undergunned at all with wadcutters out of a snub for defense.

Indiucky

Last edited:
    Top Bottom