• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you ever been arrested and jailed?

• Total voters

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Just curious. No need to even post a response unless you want to share the details and experience. But there is no prerequisite to do so. Just vote in the anonymous poll.

There are over 60,000 people arrested in Marion County alone each year. Just wondering how many here. Purely unscientific and merely curious. There are no intentions by me to draw conclusions or pass judgment by me and I'll hope that no one else does.

Please do not ridicule anyone for their answer.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Looking for Volunteers? Been in and out of many, many jails & prisons Nationwide but always on the right side of the bars. Worst Prison System to me was Massachusetts Prison System. The employees hated it because of their liberal policies and bending over backward for the inmates. Warden was stabbed in the yard on one of my visits.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I've never been arrested or jailed however there was one time when I was in high school where I got drunk ( I literally drank an entire fifth of absolute vodka by myself in an hour) at a party and got jumped for my wallet, watch and class ring. I somehow stumbled to a nearby Marsh Supermarket and they called the cops FOR me.

The police thought I learned my lesson (which I did) and drove me home. I could have very easily been arrested and jailed for PI and Underage consumption.

That's as close to being arrested as I have ever been.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    The police thought I learned my lesson (which I did) and drove me home. I could have very easily been arrested and jailed for PI and Underage consumption.

That's as close to being arrested as I have ever been.
    :yesway: At my high school, you, sir, would have been forever known as a "luck-a**. "

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I got to visit a drunk tank when I was 18(never again will I drink anything and get behind the wheel). I completed the pre-trial diversion and at the end of it I was told that if anyone(job or police) ask if I've been arrested for a DUI, I say "no."

So I guess I'd fall under "jailed?":dunno:

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    I was arrested at the Border into Canada.

Got selected for a "random" car search and there was a set of throwing knives that was in the bottom of my trunk, that I didnt know was there so I didnt claim them at the gate...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Was arrested for OWI when I was 21, but I only blew a .05. They also found a bong in my back hatch, and charged me with reckless driving, possession of paraphernalia, disregarding 4 stop signs, and OWI. They took me to the hospital and took a blood sample because they thought I was high too. I was CC, and they got me all the way to the police station before they discovered it during pat down. Nothing was ever said about it either. I spent 8 hours in the tank.

The real story was that I was out with my roommates...who were both cops...I had ONE beer in the hour I was there, and one shot of bourbon on the way out the door. (it was January 6th and about 0F outside, and I was only in a t-shirt and jeans, so the bourbon was for the cold) I had to work at 6:00 am, and it was about 12:00 am when I was on my way home. I California stopped a few stop signs, and was driving about 55 in a 30. The bong was my other roommates who took my car to a party that weekend, and it was left in the back hatch in a duffel bag.

The cop that pulled me over was a total douche bag rookie who apparently had something to prove.

I hired an attorney, paid $1500, and got out of all of it but the reckless driving charge.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here's the scene of the arrest. It's to the left of where the cop is illegally parked:

th_1255620346.jpg

Top Bottom