• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    ...with a real possibility of it being used?

Or have you actually had to use it?

I'd love to hear about your stories here...

(if you've drawn your gun at a range and actually used it while you were there, heres your lol in advance)

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    16 years of carry, never pulled it. I do use the philosophy that if I have to pull it though it will be used.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I drew my gun once, it wasn't pretty!!! My XD looked like a High Point when I was done, I do not any artistic ability.

Next project is gonna be fill the roll marks.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I had to draw my gun once in my life, my friend and I were in a jeep behind a car coming out of a shopping center and the car was just sitting there when their was no traffic, my friend, who was driving, honked at him and he got out with a bat, I exited the vehicle and drew my weapon and ask him to put the bat up, he complied and left, we went on our way, gun wasn't pointed at him just pointed down at the ground.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    gun.JPG

Yep i think I drew it just perfectly.

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    Had to draw it once. A group of teenagers made some threatening comments to me and followed me to my home. When I exited my car with my gun in my hand (not pointed at them), they scattered. Police arrived some time later and questioned me (evidently one of them told his parents about it and they called the police). I explained what I did and why I did it (I feared personal bodily injury). They were satisfied and nothing else ever happened.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Twice as a civilian. Once during a robbery at my part time job as a mid-shift convenience store clerk when the four folks involved weren't happy with the money I could give them and one of them started over the counter at me, the other in my apartment around the corner when a guy tried to force his way into my apartment. No shots fired in either case. Actually, at my apartment my GSD pup attacked the guy while I was running for my gun, so by the time I had my gun he was on the way out the door while being eaten, so the gun never really came into play that time.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Nice question I believe this will be some interesting info to follow. I also have never had to pull mine out. Few times in the car checked to make sure it was handy but never had to unholster.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    The only time I would have drawn mine, I was in the communist territory known as DC, and I wasn't permitted to have a gun on me.

I wish that fellow would come visit me here in Indiana...

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I've drawn mine twice but never actually needed to point it at a target: once as an armed guard checking the basement of a slum my partner had found a forced door on (don't know if this counts since I didn't have a specific threat). The other time was when someone who was either extremely stupid or extremely intoxicated couldn't comprehend that my back door didn't lead to my neighbor's apartment at 1am. I picked up the weapon from it's nighttime storage area and held it at low ready while trying to talk the guy away. I'm not sure that door would've held up under his pounding if it wasn't equipped with a locking bar under the door handle, but the DB gave up before I had to make any tough decisions and probably never will know the .40 caliber surprise he got so close to receiving.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I drew mine several time during my career.
    Every time I drew with the full intent of ending someones life.
    Fortunately, for them, they backed down every time.
    Two incidents that come to mind are:
    A drunk that came at me with a running chain saw telling me that he was going to cut me up, and a young man who was p*ssed at his wife and was walking toward a large gathering of people carrying a rifle.

As I've said before, carrying a gun 24/7 is not for armchair cowboys.
    It's a deadly serious responsibility that MUST NOT be taken lightly.
    Mike

jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I drew mine several time during my career.
    Every time I drew with the full intent of ending someones life.
    Fortunately, for them, they backed down every time.
    Two incidents that come to mind are:
    A drunk that came at me with a running chain saw telling me that he was going to cut me up, and a young man who was p*ssed at his wife and was walking toward a large gathering of people carrying a rifle.

As I've said before, carrying a gun 24/7 is not for armchair cowboys.
    It's a deadly serious responsibility that MUST NOT be taken lightly.
    Mike

Glad you got out ok, and even prevented some loss of life (i assume with the crazy guy with the rifle, that you stopped him from doing anything).
    And i wish more people who carried shared your logic. When the gun comes outta it's leather, the **** had better be damn close to those fanblades.

Had to draw it once. A group of teenagers made some threatening comments to me and followed me to my home. When I exited my car with my gun in my hand (not pointed at them), they scattered. Police arrived some time later and questioned me (evidently one of them told his parents about it and they called the police). I explained what I did and why I did it (I feared personal bodily injury). They were satisfied and nothing else ever happened.

Of course the police arrived, there was only one of you, and i bet all of their pride was knocked out of their stupid butts the second they got home and realized that one person had dispersed their entire posse; they had to compensate by running to mommy and daddy. Punks nowadays... If this were the fifties, their parents would smack their asses back to last wednesday.

Story of my own:
    Sitting with the girlfriend in her complex about two streets down from her house(She smokes, and her mom doesn't want butts in her driveway, etc.), and this Silver Durango makes three seperate passes by us, and slows to a crawl on the third, trying to see who's in my Blazer. They come around the fourth time and roll their window down, asked me "Do you stay 'round here?" and "oh uh... I's just checking..." The whole time i had my Colt Defender .45 in my left hand-cocked, locked, and ready to rock, behind my driver side door and out of view, of course-and my heart was racing. After a brief silence (10 seconds of him and his buddy staring at me and my g/f), i threw the shifter in drive and booked it to the entrance as the g/f suggested. We turned around and waited near the entrance for a bit, and didn't see the Durango leave, so we went back to our spot, assuming the guys had gone home. Not five minutes after we get back there, they show up, 50 yards downrange from the front of my car, and i decided to take the scenic route, doubled back, and ensured the g/f got inside safely. Haven't seen the two dudes since, but the g/f says that they probably used to live in there and dealt drugs (She's better with faces than i am, and thinks they were probably these two guys who lived across the circle from her).

Only other time i could have drawn, but didn't, was when i was recycling at the Speedway Kroger's and had a male approach me. Didn't get a good vibe, so i told him to stay back, i can hear him just fine (Asking me for money, yadda yadda). He kept stepping closer (still about 25 ft away) and i opened my jacket and placed my hand on my .45 (Tucked mexican-style because i was too broke to buy a quality holster at the time) and told him i was done talking to him. He apologized and left me alone. I stay away from that Kroger, now.

Thank god i've never needed to draw in any situation like you two, but the point is to have the ability to draw if need be

More stories please, it's good reading, and the advice from them is valuable!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Never had to yet and hope I never do! I have had a few instances when I was glad I had it because I didnt know what may happen, but was always able to keep the situation under control and either get out of it or calm it down. I spent several years employed at a gas station and many of the years as the store manager. I worked all shifts and in some stores in not great areas of town. I was often by myself and I was the only one in the store that had access to all of the money and I had to go to the bank everyday with a large amount of cash. I had many close calls with that job.

Top Bottom