• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you ever had a gun pointed at you?

• Total voters

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    yes while on active duty in 89-93 but more recently while being robbed at work. I was pissed managed to get benchmade folder open in my pocket stayed within 2 ft of robber. even after 18 years of life as civilian my first instinct was to put myself between gun and everyone else( what a dumbass) everyone has been warned next time someone points a gun at work I'm running out the backdoor screaming like a little girl, but they dont believe me

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Yes, but mine seems mild compared to everyone else's.

I was teaching my college roommate's girlfriend how to shoot a handgun. (she is from "the region" so they like to follow illinois law I guess) She had never fired a fun in her life, so I gave her my walther p22, simple gun, no recoil to deal with, she should have had fun. As I said, never shot before. As such, she came out wearing a low cut tank top, short shorts, and flops. U can guess what happens next. First round, bang. I see her jump up spin around, twice, jumping and pointing the gun at everyone in the vicinity. She got a hot casing down the shirt and it got stuck in the waistband of those shorts. We only let her shoot the single shot bolt .22 after that.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I was driving a taxi in Chicago in 1970 & got held up (and my cab stolen) by an armed robber. Almost got shot down by a Cobra in 1978 when I strayed into his gun/target line. Watched a line of bullet strikes about 6 feet from my right landing skid.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Funny how it's either a cop or a criminal waving their guns around.

True.The problem is that it's not cops pointing guns at criminals.
    It's either cops pointing guns at good citizens or criminals pointing guns at good citizens.
    Being a good citizen I dont like any of those. :D
    Cops pointing guns at criminals, I have no problem with that.:yesway:
    Criminals pointing guns at cops, I have a problem with that. :noway:

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    True.The problem is that it's not cops pointing guns at criminals.
    It's either cops pointing guns at good citizens or criminals pointing guns at good citizens.
    Being a good citizen I dont like any of those. :D
    Cops pointing guns at criminals, I have no problem with that.:yesway:
    Criminals pointing guns at cops, I have a problem with that. :noway:

Well, you wouldn't get any criminals on here saying they deserved to have the cop draw on them. Lol. Actually, you wouldn't get criminals on here at all, due to this being a community of law abiding citizens aka, gun owners. You can't own a gun without passing a background check ;)

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Twice. The first time was when one of my girlfriends dad caught me tearing a hole in the beef curtains at 3am. He went and grabbed his double barrel shotgun and stuck it first in my face ordering me out of the house. When I failed to comply, he pointed at my junk. That got my butt in gear. I really didn't think he was serious but now that I'm a father, I'm not so sure.

The other time was something I'm not gonna discuss on he Internet.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well, you wouldn't get any criminals on here saying they deserved to have the cop draw on them. Lol. Actually, you wouldn't get criminals on here at all, due to this being a community of law abiding citizens aka, gun owners. You can't own a gun without passing a background check ;)

Actually you can buy a gun without passing a background check but only if it's a sale between a good citizen and another.
    Of course criminals cant do that, we agree on that point.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    While in college doing door to door sales in a very rough part of Ft Wayne. Was sitting in front of a house and guy walks up and points revolver at me and tells me to leave. I left:D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When I was a kid (13 years old), we had neighbors that were complete A-holes. They had installed a street light at the corner of their house which put it about 10 feet from our back porch at just above eye level. I discovered that I could turn the light out with a spot light. One night, my parents were out and that dang light was shining on the porch as usual, so I turned it off with the spot light. While doing that, my neighbors son (about 30 at the time) walked into the yard and pointed a shotgun at me and told me to get in the house. Being a dumb kid, I just put the spotlight away and went into the house. My sister was on the porch and saw him too, but we never called the cops or anything.

swissrifles1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Near South Bend
    Was involved in a Bank robbery in the 90,s , perps (3) enterd the bank with shotgun, 2 mac 10's. One of the guy's stuck his mac 10 in my gut and said "on the floor!". I couldn't get there fast enough. I did pucker...lol.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Backpacking in NC, we (group of ten) were walking down a little lane toward the AT when an old timer came out of his trailer pointing a shotgun at us while wife called the sheriff.

Soon a posse arrived and we were detained for a while, then released. It seems other hikers had used the path without incident, but the owner was not letting anyone do this in future.

He wouldn't even talk with any of us. This was back in the 1970s, so I don't think he mistook us for Al-Qaeda.

Totally unnecessary to cover us, and the deputy didn't say anything to him about it.

Top Bottom