Have you ever had this happen at Walmart?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    A buddy and I went to Walmart to buy some ammo to shoot the next day. They employee who Walmart deemed worthy to carry the gun/ammo case key said she hadn't been trained to use the register in sporting goods yet and that she had to walk the ammo up to the the registers in the front.:rolleyes:

Upon arriving at the registers up front, my buddy and I were then forced to wait 10-15 minutes while the managers were trying to find out if Walmart had a limit on the amount of ammo someone could buy. The funny thing is, we weren't even buying that much.:):

Ammo I bought:
    1x 333rd of .22
    1x 50rd of .45
    1x 50rd of .40
    2x 50rd of 9mm
    4x 20rd of .223

Ammo my buddy bought:
    1x 20rd of 9mm (JHP)
    4x 50rd of 9mm

Of course the managers couldn't find anything in Da Rulez to prevent us from buying the ammo, but it was quite annoying. Anyone else ever encounter that problem at Walmart? :dunno:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I guess as sheeple they believe there should be some ultimate limit as to how much ammunition a person should be able to purchase at a time... I guess they think if you buy too much you may be wanting to do something other than store it for SHTF or shooting at the range/targets...

Not sure what limiting your purchase in one location is going to do, you could always just go to a second location to buy more.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Not sure what limiting your purchase in one location is going to do, you could always just go to a second location to buy more.

do.. not... say.... that.. next we will be forced to show ID, and then write down our info like they do for the ephedrine packs. (buy too much in a week) and you get arrested.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I quit buying ammo from WM when twice in a row I had to wait 15min for 550rd 22 bulk packs. Staff was friendly, just couldn't get someone to open the case. I'll pay more at my LGS or order it from Natchezz or Able's.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    do.. not... say.... that.. next we will be forced to show ID, and then write down our info like they do for the ephedrine packs. (buy too much in a week) and you get arrested.
    It doesn't have to be said - the anti's can think for themselves and I'm sure they'd already have passed such a law if they could.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    I get my ammo from Orion Arms in Jeffersonville......cheaper than Wal-mart for better ammo per 50 rnd box of 9mm as it is. And they dont care if I'm in just to shoot the bull with them (they actually said I was too quite last time I was in there lol) or buy every single round of ammo they have in stock. None of that, "OMG, are you spending too much money on the scary stuff here" thing that it seems like the OP was about.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    There are a couple other gun stores in the area. Sorry to hear that you dont care much for that one though. I tend to hit the Griffith one myself. Always Bass Pro Shop just up the road, or a couple others. Although I try not to hit the chains either, but rather use those then wallyworld. LGS, then Chain Firearm stores, then talk to people on the street, then maybe, if i have to, walmart.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    The only issue I ever have at my local walmart here on the east side is finding someone with a key for the ammo case. I was taking my nephew shooting one day and we waited for over 45 min to get someone with a key back there. If I was not taking him for the first time I would not have waited. But I cannot beat the pricing and I know he wanted to shoot a lot. Other than that not 2 many issues

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Westforth on ....47th i think..(in Merrillville) but they seem like a little more then a few bucks over walmart.

I dont mind supporting the gun stores, but i also have a family to help support.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    There is an older gent that works at the store on N Keystone that is really on the ball. He's always helpful and will tell me when more ammo is expected in. Sometimes he'll say "I just got this .40 in, you need any" or something similar. He will also ring your other purchases up so you don't have to stand in line twice, as long as you don't have to much stuff that is. When I go there if he's not working I just leave.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would've just left it at the checkout lane and walked out.
    No way I'd stand there for 15 minutes waiting for their "permission" to make a purchase.

Let them put it back on the shelf.

They wanna waste my time, I'm glad to return the favor.:D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I would've just left it at the checkout lane and walked out.
    No way I'd stand there for 15 minutes waiting for their "permission" to make a purchase.

Let them put it back on the shelf.

They wanna waste my time, I'm glad to return the favor.:D

Love it. I have done that before. If its just all the lines are moving slow, then whatever, but if its me being held up, cause they ALL don't know their job, sorry, see you later, ill get this ammo elsewhere for less heartburn

Top Bottom