Have you ever written a "final goodbye" letter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I thought about checking in but hippa. . . .

HIPAA.

Anyway, are you close enough to just walk in and ask? HIPAA privacy rules only apply to health care providers who transmit health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA. I doubt the HHS Secretary has adopted standards for an INGO post. :)

Your hospital may have other privacy rules tho.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    INGO tends to be blocked at hospital WiFi networks.

I posted from the ICU post stent insertion and I expect the same from hoosierdoc! But seriously, my thoughts and hopes are for a smooth procedure and quick recovery.

To the OP's question, I have never written such a letter and am not sure to whom I would address one. Parents are in their 80s, I am the youngest and single with no children. I did recently write a letter to my Goddaughter to be read in the future and that may come close.

But here is the thing. My cardiac event came out of nowhere in 2014. I had plenty of time to think about what was happening while waiting to be taken to the hospital. Sitting on your porch while quietly having a heart attack, I felt somewhat resigned, almost indifferent. It is not that I did not care what was happening, but the closest I can describe it was an instant overwhelming understanding that I might very well die. Now. Period. I eventually processed through those feelings and came out the other side with a new perspective. Overall it was a positive experience.

So back on topic, I won't be writing any such letters because I tell people those things now. Family and close friends hear that I love them, not from a note, but from me face to face.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Yes I have written one of these letters. Just in the last year. Right before my wife passed of ovarian cancer. Writing such a letter is heart wrenching but is so worth it. As a fyi to anyone considering video. DO NOT put it on a DVD disks. They only last 7 ish years before they deteriorate to the point they cannot be read and played. I learned this the hard way unfortunately.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have letters on my computer. Have had them for years. I occasionally read them and update them to reflect my current place in life, sentiments and family dynamics. Each kid, my wife and my brothers.

This will prompt me to open them up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hope your procedure went well, Doc.

No, I've never written such a letter...but I had to do get my hand operated Monday. I made a special point to tell my oldest (who had to work that afternoon) that I loved him and wanted one last chance to tell him, while I could--in case something happened. He thought I was silly.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Should I go up and draw penis' on his forehead while he's in PACU????:laugh:

why the apostrophe? Is it possessive form? Is it a tracing??? :runaway:

And someone upstaged you

http://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/...ydrawings-spotted-in-okanogan-co/67-492521457

It would have to be next to the one he already has on there.

those were lipstick marks, or supposed to be...

i told old them they can't check my groin while I'm asleep so as to not be Franken'd

Anyone heard from doc... Radio check???

Yeah :)

So I got the 1 in 3000 complication. The nerve to my right diaphragm was injured in the procedure. Hoping it's temporary which it should be. But for now I'm short of breath at rest and on X-ray my right diaphragm is up four ribs further than my left. Grrr.

this will slow me down considerably until it heals. Good news is he was happy with result otherwise

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    HIPAA.

Anyway, are you close enough to just walk in and ask? HIPAA privacy rules only apply to health care providers who transmit health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA. I doubt the HHS Secretary has adopted standards for an INGO post. :)

Your hospital may have other privacy rules tho.

Hospitals do tend to get very touchy feely when it comes to hipaa, so much so that they will err on the side of extreme safety to cover their butts and I can't say I blame them. Having JUST gone over the annual training on that yesterday I tend to overreact in the same direction. Besides I had already left work by the time I posted that and yes it's hipaa not hippa, the fingers doubled down on the wrong key!:ugh:

Top Bottom