• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Just a heads up. Primers restock almost EVERY day on the big name sites. Problem is technically inclined individuals are running scripts and picking them up before the in stock notifications even go out. Think of day trading on the stock market. The scripts are updating pages at milliseconds all day everyday. This is a large reason for the primer panic....

Python is free (grab pycharm while you are at it too) to download if that is something you are interested in... LOL

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Just a heads up. Primers restock almost EVERY day on the big name sites. Problem is technically inclined individuals are running scripts and picking them up before the in stock notifications even go out. Think of day trading on the stock market. The scripts are updating pages at milliseconds all day everyday. This is a large reason for the primer panic....

Python is free (grab pycharm while you are at it too) to download if that is something you are interested in... LOL
    So you're the reason for the lack of supply

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    So you're the reason for the lack of supply
    Negative, I have 3k primers total at the minute and am in the boat like the rest of you. I will be trying a little trick to see if it works. I just realized this was going on about a day or two ago. There's a couple other ways to do it as well without writing actual code (hence the LOL). If anyone has access to a computer the majority of the day feel free to message me and I might be able to help you get something setup. In all honestly though, I haven't tried what I'm proposing. I can report back in a week or two.....

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    So we have to "learn to code" to find reloading supplies now? I go online and surf 3-4 times a week and look for various items. No luck for a while on primers but have found powder, brass and projectiles. Also found a few firearms in stock at "normal" prices from national websites and local chains (Dunhams / Rural King). Patience is key but I understand the frustration (I have a good stock - learned from the Obama debacle). My best friend finally bought a few guns and he is struggling with finding ammo and wants me to reload for him. I will, but it gives me anxiety to use my existing stash not knowing when I will be able to replenish.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I have several thousand large pistol primers and 3 thousand large rifle primers that I am selling for my sister in law. I am in Mishawaka. Message me if you are still looking.
    Welcome to INGO
    Might want to take a read through these

They'll help keep you on the mods good side, breaking rules in your first post is not the way to do it.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    So we have to "learn to code" to find reloading supplies now? I go online and surf 3-4 times a week and look for various items. No luck for a while on primers but have found powder, brass and projectiles. Also found a few firearms in stock at "normal" prices from national websites and local chains (Dunhams / Rural King). Patience is key but I understand the frustration (I have a good stock - learned from the Obama debacle). My best friend finally bought a few guns and he is struggling with finding ammo and wants me to reload for him. I will, but it gives me anxiety to use my existing stash not knowing when I will be able to replenish.
    If that’s how people are getting them, and you want them.... I’d say yes it might be time to look into a different option. I can tell you now they sell out before the “in stock” email notifications even reach your inbox. Humans aren’t that fast...bots are. They do not require “coding”, but some patience and the ability to be by your computer.

It’s kind of ridiculous that this is what is required, but if you want them I guess you have to play the game.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake

Watched the video. Makes sense, but they are still releasing primers. I’d say major websites list them about once a week, and usually a couple different get them in. Last week I think PV, midway, brownells and natchesz all posted primers. By the time it was “known” they were gone. So I’m not sure if it’s old stock and they are just releasing it a little at a time or what. I was able to snag some off natchesz but that’s it. I think they released a lot more than others.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Reporting back. No coding used at all, and i have been able to secure 5k lrp, 5k srp, 1k spp, 8lbs h335, 8lbs h4350, 8lbs imr 4064, and 8lbs hs-6. I probably had about 10 hours spent total in trying to locate all this stuff. Im still looking for some more spp, and lpp after that i will be set. Not going to buy to gouge, but i was able to get what i needed to reload for the foreseable future. If you are interested in this PM and i can help you out. A small knowledge of computers will help....

Love to help you guys out. INGUNOWNERS ftw....

Top Bottom