Have you shot the Barrett MRAD? Thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I shot the Barrett MRAD last February. It was in .338 Lapua, nice optics and a suppressor. Fired 2 shots at a steel plate at 600 yards in 20 mph crosswind. It was like shooting a 10/22 at a 25 yards target. Very easy shooter and my holdover was only 1 mil. That being said, the price seems outrageous. I guess sometimes, you are paying for a name.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    It was really a baby to shoot. Even with the .338 Lapua. However, I thought the price was a little crazy for what you get. You could have a nice custom .338 built for that price or get an AI. You are paying for the Barrett name and the interchangeability of the platform. Of course, you could just buy 4 $3000 rifles for the price of one MRAD and 3 extra barrels. I personally would prefer having the 4 custom rifles rather than 1 with 4 barrels.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    +1 to everything IndianaGTI said. I ran a mag of 338lm through one out west. It was really cool, but not worth the money IMO. Just like the Remington MSR which I hear are starting to trickle out of the factory. I would think if you sent the same money for that MRAD to GAP, Longrifles inc, Surgeon or one of the other precision rifle smiths you would get an more accurate rifle. But if you're buying I'll take two MRADs one for each arm please.

Top Bottom