• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The one time I have had this experience, I woke up to find a car parked at the end of my driveway. I looked around to see if someone was around, and after turning up empty, called the county sheriff. The deputy that came out offered to have it towed ASAP, and it would have been on the car owners dime. He and I both thought it better to find the owner first, and give them the opportunity to get it moved, without involving the wrecker company.
    It sounds like a difference in local PD policy weather it can be towed from private property or not.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I've a car towed off my parents property. We lived near the town beach and people would think it was OK to park in our yard and walk to the beach. I got fed up with it and called the police. They went to the beach in an attempt to find the owner but never did so they had the car towed. We placed a sign with the local PD number for the offedners to call when they discovered their car nmissing.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Only time I have dealt with tow companys.....At Indiana State and my blazer got stolen. They located it and it was towed. I "the vicitm" had to pay like 90 bones to get MY STOLEN RIDE out of the tow yard. Some BS for sure! I would say since you havent come back to clarify yet, you may know this person. If so, tell em come get it or you will use whatever means necessary to push the POS into the street and let the city/county deal with it. :):

Top Bottom