• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I'm thinking WATER based paint in BULK quantities is placardable as a " marine pollutant " , is this right ? I've been looking around the fmcsa site and can't find a straight answer , figures huh?

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    I Think just dangerous/flammable. Because it's still paint, and should be handled as paint If spilled. And disposed as paint

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I think that would be " improper placarding " because it's water based and not flammable .

I am not a pro, I am thinking the same. I am leaning toward no placarding. If it was toxic or poison it should be labeled as such. Even though it is in bulk does not make it an environmental hazard. (yes it could do damage) If that was true dish soap would be a hazard. Dump that in an aquarium it will kill fish.

If you want to be sure the supplier of the item or the item should be marked with a hazard class. It should have a 4 digit UN number. With that number you look it up in a haz pocket guide. It would tell you about placarding and spill responses.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    You guys are probably right . There are some things that aren't considered " hazardous " until they're in bulk quantities and I was thinking this was one of them.

Top Bottom