• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Unless you travel out of state, to a state that requires you to carry the physical card. Which I think is most if not all of them.
    My older card is worn a lot and I figure if it keeps a confused cop from becoming an arresty cop it would be worth getting a new Lifetime LTCH replacement. As for other states that have constitutional carry I believe they extend that right to anyone not disqualified from carrying in their state. Some require you to be 21 unlike here in Indiana you can carry at 18. Either way, if I can avoid any confusion about my legality of carrying a gun while I am traveling it would likely be a good thing. I am just wondering if I can get it replaced in the future as a Lifetime LTCH.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My older card is worn a lot and I figure if it keeps a confused cop from becoming an arresty cop it would be worth getting a new Lifetime LTCH replacement. As for other states that have constitutional carry I believe they extend that right to anyone not disqualified from carrying in their state. Some require you to be 21 unlike here in Indiana you can carry at 18. Either way, if I can avoid any confusion about my legality of carrying a gun while I am traveling it would likely be a good thing. I am just wondering if I can get it replaced in the future as a Lifetime LTCH.
    For other constitutional carry states, as I mentioned above there are 2 that it is for residents only. No idea if either honor the IN ltch. As for getting it replaced in the future, yes. Only thing is it may get replaced with a "reciprocity" license instead of a ltch. At least that is what I heard mentioned, no idea if true or not. The bill states that any current ltch will remain valid until the expiration of the license (4/5 yr lic) or the licensee (lifetime).

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    For other constitutional carry states, as I mentioned above there are 2 that it is for residents only. No idea if either honor the IN ltch. As for getting it replaced in the future, yes. Only thing is it may get replaced with a "reciprocity" license instead of a ltch. At least that is what I heard mentioned, no idea if true or not. The bill states that any current ltch will remain valid until the expiration of the license (4/5 yr lic) or the licensee (lifetime).
    :lol2: ..... well put !

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Of course, you have to have facebook to post a reply. Screw Zuckerberg. Anyone want to reply for me? "I support my and every law abiding citizens God given RIGHT, which the Bill of Rights confirms, to keep arms in defense of themselves, the State, and the Republic. I support this since a Right delayed is a Right denied."

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Comments on the bill from the LegiScan website:

Wow... stupidity has no limits.
    Wow. The stupid hurts.

(Also, the Bullying Mommies or Everytown or somebody clearly has a call to action. Did you notice the multiple comments that were worded exactly the same?)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wow. The stupid hurts.

(Also, the Bullying Mommies or Everytown or somebody clearly has a call to action. Did you notice the multiple comments that were worded exactly the same?)
    They aren't much for critical or independent thought.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    It's really no different than the emails politicians get from a lot of us about issues when we click the GOA links and send their pre-written emails.
    Or when we cut/paste the email texts provided by Kelly or BoR or others here. What matters is that we took the time to click through to send the email. I see it much the same as a signature on a petition. Instead of it being one copy of the petition with 100 signatures, it is one hundred copies of the petition each with one signature.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thanks. So in ND and WY it’s “freedom for me but not for thee.” Wonder how they justify that since presumably they don’t do any background checking of their state citizens or visitors to the state either given how CC normally works?

Maybe a federal case could be made that a CC state must give full faith and credit to all other citizens whenever they’re within the CC’s borders as far as carrying goes? Works for drivers licenses; nobody asks for ID before you drive on their roads.
    This argument has been made numerous times.... I’ve made it myself. The reason DLs are recognized this way is because of a compact between states, and the reason a driver cannot be pulled over to check for a license is a SCOTUS case called Delaware v Prowse. No such case existed for a long time for state-issued gun carry permission slips. I would have to look up Pinner to see if that was one, I’ve forgotten the details of that case, but I recall it was highly significant.

Hope that helps!
    Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Or when we cut/paste the email texts provided by Kelly or BoR or others here. What matters is that we took the time to click through to send the email. I see it much the same as a signature on a petition. Instead of it being one copy of the petition with 100 signatures, it is one hundred copies of the petition each with one signature.
    This.
    I typically don’t waste a lot of time with a rationale in a letter to a politician. Sometimes, I even address them “Dear staffer in Sen. Snort’s officesince that’s the only person who will read it.
    In such cases, I normally write, “I support HR1369, and ask as a constituent that the Senator do likewise. Thank you “ and sign it.
    it is my understanding (and if anyone knows differently, PLEASE tell me!!) that all they do is make tick marks of how many support and how many oppose each bill on any given day.

:twocents:

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Comments on the bill from the LegiScan website:

Wow... stupidity has no limits.
    Glad to see many posting how they are against this bill and are most likely unarmed. Because if SHTF ever happens we will know where to go to so we can add to our own supplies to stock up on even more food and water

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Hopefully everyone is still contacting their Senators to get this on the April 7th Judiciary schedule.

This is a copy of my latest as of today:

Indiana gun owners EXPECT a hearing on HB1369 on April 7 and we will remember what happens - either way - on HB 1369 when we visit the polls or consider donating money and time in every Republican primary and in every general election for the foreseeable future.

I am an NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member and a Life Member of the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association. Your actions are alive on social media with every Indiana legal gun owner seeing what you will do with this bill. The NRA-ILA is monitoring the progress of HB1369 and sending it to every member in the nation.

We considered it a victory when the House passed this bill to the Senate; don’t let it become a defeat because you have not scheduled it for a hearing.

Thank you for your consideration.

I am imploring you to schedule HB1369 for a hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Indiana should be a state that champions the God given and constitutionally enshrined rights of its citizens and Republicans should be the staunchest supporters of those rights. This bill is a step in the right direction of restoring the rights every American had at the beginning of the Republic which have been eroded by ill-conceived legislation.
    • HB 1369 does not change who can purchase a firearm, who can carry a handgun or where guns may be carried. Those persons who are prohibited from buying a gun or receiving a handgun license today will be "prohibited persons" who may not legally purchase or possess a handgun under HB 1369. HB 1369 has no effect on any "gun free zones" that exist today.
    • Constitutional Carry has now been adopted in 18 states and there is NO DATA to suggest it increases violent crime or danger to police officers on any way.
    • Criminals carry handguns without any concern for licensing requirements - those requirements only create a financial and logistical obstacle for law-abiding citizens that are simply ignored by criminals.
    • The right to bear arms is guaranteed to Hoosiers through the Second Amendment and Article I, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Law-abiding citizens should not have to beg permission from the government in order to exercise a Constitutional right already guaranteed to them by our founding fathers.
    • Passage of HB 1369 in the House by the overwhelming margin of 65-31 demonstrates the support this bill has among voters and legislators. The bill deserves a hearing and a vote in the Senate.
    Citizens in IN should not have to petition government to exercise their rights. Please do the right thing and advance this legislation.

Thank you for your consideration,

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    From ISRPA:

Your Calls and Emails are Working! AND WE NEED MORE!!

HB 1369 (Lawful Carry) has not yet been scheduled for a hearing in the Senate and we have only ONE MORE possible date when it could be heard in the Judiciary Committee: April 7. But The 2A Project has learned that our members' calls and emails to Judiciary chairman Liz Brown (Senator.Brown@iga.in.gov), Senate president pro tem Rodric Bray (Senator Bray@iga.in.gov) and your individual senators are having a profound effect at the Statehouse. The Senate caucus is meeting almost daily and HB 1369 is on the radar - with several senators expressing concern about our promised political fallout if HB 1369 does not receive a hearing and dies in the Senate as a result.
    Now is the time to keep up the pressure!! Even if you have already sent several emails, please send another one (or several). Let your senator, Sen. Brown and Sen. Bray know that Indiana gun owners EXPECT a hearing on HB1369 on April 7 and we will remember what happens - either way - on HB 1369 when we visit the polls in every Republican primary and in every general election for the foreseeable future.
    Together, we can make this happen!!
    Sen. Liz Brown: Senator.Brown@iga.in.gov; 800-382-9467
    Sen. Rodric Bray: Senator.Bray@iga.in.gov; 800-382-9467
    Thank you!!
    Guy

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Hopefully everyone is still contacting their Senators to get this on the April 7th Judiciary schedule.

This is a copy of my latest as of today:

Indiana gun owners EXPECT a hearing on HB1369 on April 7 and we will remember what happens - either way - on HB 1369 when we visit the polls or consider donating money and time in every Republican primary and in every general election for the foreseeable future.

I am an NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member and a Life Member of the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association. Your actions are alive on social media with every Indiana legal gun owner seeing what you will do with this bill. The NRA-ILA is monitoring the progress of HB1369 and sending it to every member in the nation.

We considered it a victory when the House passed this bill to the Senate; don’t let it become a defeat because you have not scheduled it for a hearing.

Thank you for your consideration.

I am imploring you to schedule HB1369 for a hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Indiana should be a state that champions the God given and constitutionally enshrined rights of its citizens and Republicans should be the staunchest supporters of those rights. This bill is a step in the right direction of restoring the rights every American had at the beginning of the Republic which have been eroded by ill-conceived legislation.
    • HB 1369 does not change who can purchase a firearm, who can carry a handgun or where guns may be carried. Those persons who are prohibited from buying a gun or receiving a handgun license today will be "prohibited persons" who may not legally purchase or possess a handgun under HB 1369. HB 1369 has no effect on any "gun free zones" that exist today.
    • Constitutional Carry has now been adopted in 18 states and there is NO DATA to suggest it increases violent crime or danger to police officers on any way.
    • Criminals carry handguns without any concern for licensing requirements - those requirements only create a financial and logistical obstacle for law-abiding citizens that are simply ignored by criminals.
    • The right to bear arms is guaranteed to Hoosiers through the Second Amendment and Article I, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Law-abiding citizens should not have to beg permission from the government in order to exercise a Constitutional right already guaranteed to them by our founding fathers.
    • Passage of HB 1369 in the House by the overwhelming margin of 65-31 demonstrates the support this bill has among voters and legislators. The bill deserves a hearing and a vote in the Senate.
    Citizens in IN should not have to petition government to exercise their rights. Please do the right thing and advance this legislation.

Thank you for your consideration,
    Totally plagiarized your letters.
    Hope you don't mind.
    Thank you.

I already emailed one of those bone heads. And the response was retarded ********. So I called them out on it. They certainly won't get a vote from me in coming elections.

Top Bottom