• jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Observation:

015EF352-8AFD-456F-BEDD-4B8BC52A7A72.jpeg

While homie didn’t have any other kit that we can see, look at his left hand and grip on the forearm. He’s using a modified C-clamp that is pretty popular these days, rather than gripping the VFG directly like most untrained rifle shooters holding this rifle would. Chances are that this guy has been at the very least watching some videos. And his homies had long guns too, and had backed the car in for a getaway.

Coming soon to a local stop-n-rob near you…

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My observations::

Capacity was not relevant.

Speed, surprise, ferocity of attack once again prevail.

Psychological stop only, which is fine as robbers tend to not be very dedicated to pressing the assault. It's business, not personal, and they want to live to rob again. Better shot and/or better shot placement would be more likely to result in a bang-flop then a bang-flee. Buckshot is best shot, but no idea what papaw was using.

Good example of intermediate barriers needing to be defeated. Bad guy's arms and long gun are blocking a lot of his good gibbly bits, and are now intermediate barriers. It's not always plywood and drywall. This is why cartridges that pass the ENTIRETY of the FBI protocols are superior to cartridges that pass some or none and should be used when available and appropriate for the firearm selected.

Shotguns have an admirably record of ending problem people's problematic behavior. I have personally never taken a case where a defender who fired the shotgun *prior to entanglement* lost. The only losers failed to fire or got entangled and fired while fighting over the gun to no avail.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My money is on birdshot. Notice no apparent blood visible. In either camera shot. He's not gushing so it must not have made a very big hole. Would love to read the final report to know what it was.

And hood rat was lucky he turned. I think his arm absorbed the blast because Grandpa had already committed to send it square to his chest, but reluctant bad guy replaced the sight picture with a bladed angle.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My money is on birdshot. Notice no apparent blood visible. In either camera shot. He's not gushing so it must not have made a very big hole. Would love to read the final report to know what it was.

And hood rat was lucky he turned. I think his arm absorbed the blast because Grandpa had already committed to send it square to his chest, but reluctant bad guy replaced the sight picture with a bladed angle.
    Birdshot makes sense, he shot the bad guy's wing off.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I suspect you are correct, guys with a lot of shotgun experience have opined the same based on recoil in the hands of an 80 y/o, but I don't feel qualified to say one way or another. I feel confident in saying Federal Flight Control center mass would not have resulted in much shouting about the injury, though.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    One of the Reasons I follow this W/S: The Multitude of entertaining Takes on this Charlie Foxtrot of a "Robbery" & a Law Abiding citizen Defending himself & his Business.
    Hoping a Speedy/Full Recovery for this 80-yrs old gentleman.
    Thanks Folks, for starting my day with some Chuckles!

Top Bottom