• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Tomorrow is the day I look forward to every year. time for our annual trip to Lake Erie for 4 days of Walleye and small-mouth fishing, golf, oh and did I mention consumption of adult beverages? This has been a yearly trip for over 15 years now with the same charter group. Hawgin charters out of Marble Head.

I just received this photo from one of the guys that was there last weekend fishing the same area.

616dfa8f.jpg

Anyone else been walleye fishing in Erie lately with any reports?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Was up there over labor day weekend out of Port Clinton. 7 guys and 42 eyes for one day. Biggest was a 6lb'er averaged easy 3-4 lbs though. Solid and quality fish this year.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I LOVE fishing Erie for walleyes and smallmouth. Had two great trips to Port Clinton. Big fish, lots of them and perch to go with. Our guide/captain put us on fish even when others weren't catching. At times some of the waves we were bucking might have been scary had we not been catching so many fish.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Here is a link to their website. http://www.hawgncharters.com/4.html You might notice that it really doesn't have much information. they also don't do the Boat Sport and Travel show. They don't need to. I really don't know the exact cost as we do a "special package" but I'll be glad to get the regular rates and post up when I get back.

As for what is included.
    Boat/fuel
    Captain/guide
    Bait
    Fishing equipment if you need it
    They also offer fish cleaning service if you need it for an additional charge.
    They have condo accommodations available as well that are about 10 minutes from the boats.

I'll tell you that if there are fish to be caught on the lake, these guys will find em and find a way to catch them. Many times we have pulled into the harbor to hear stories of getting skunked by others while we are unloading a cooler full of fish.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I LOVE fishing Erie for walleyes and smallmouth. Had two great trips to Port Clinton. Big fish, lots of them and perch to go with. Our guide/captain put us on fish even when others weren't catching. At times some of the waves we were bucking might have been scary had we not been catching so many fish.

Yeah. Not the place to go if you get sea sick easily. Some days you have 1-2 footers and 20 minutes later they are rolling 6'+. You are right though. The fish like it when the waves roll!

MedicMonty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Have a good time and for God's sake wear sunblock! Just got back from a 4-day trip visiting family and we took a charter out to fish ourselves - we fish for perch but I did also hear that it was a good year so far no matter what you're fishing for. We had a good time, very good experience with the charter captain (I can get his name from my brother if you want it). Good advice from previous posters to make sure to ask what is included in the charter price. Ours was all-inclusive, even brought all the gear and bait for us.

Have a great time - and for those who may be reading this and haven't visited that part of the world, there's a whole lot more than roller coasters! Wish I could spend more time there....

Top Bottom