• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S391

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    I'm heading to Indianapolis this coming weekend for the NRA annual meetings and I'm planning on carrying.... anything specific I need to be aware of? I've already called the NRA and I was told that yes, we can carry in the convention center.... anything else I should watch out for?

Thank you in advance.
    Steve

S391

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Sorry, I am from Wisconsin. I know that Indiana will honor my permit but I wanted to know if there is anything I need to know about i.e. can't carry in a shopping mall, etc.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The closest mall to the Convention Center is called Circle Center Mall (just a block away). It is a Simon mall and is not gun friendly. In Indiana, a no-guns sign does not have the force of law, but if you are asked to leave, you should cooperate or you can be charged with trespassing.

S391

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    The closest mall to the Convention Center is called Circle Center Mall (just a block away). It is a Simon mall and is not gun friendly. In Indiana, a no-guns sign does not have the force of law, but if you are asked to leave, you should cooperate or you can be charged with trespassing.

Thank you. Wisconsin is set up the same way.

S391

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Since people are being so helpful, are there any places where I can enjoy a cigar with dinner?

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I have not been since they relocated and changed their name, but The Blend is a nice cigar bar on the north side of Indianapolis. Their food selection is limited because of their special classification as a "cigar bar" under the smoking ban, but they do have some offerings.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Yeah the anti-smoking "contingent" (not the first word that came to my mind, but whatever) has shut down the ability to smoke at any restaurants within the city limits. I'm afraid your best bet is to have an "after dinner" cigar.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The link has good info but the constant use of 'concealed carry permit' drives me batty. I know it's a short drive, but Indiana does not issue a 'concealed carry permit'.

I feel better already.

lol. "Concealed Weapons Permit" - they didn't even accidentally get a single word correct. :):

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Even when all the words are correct it's still all wrong. Why do we need a "License to Carry Handgun"? Do we need a "License to Speak Freely" or a "License to Vote"? How about a license against illegal search and seizure or self-incrimination or double-jeopardy...

Well, you get my drift...

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Even when all the words are correct it's still all wrong. Why do we need a "License to Carry Handgun"? Do we need a "License to Speak Freely" or a "License to Vote"? How about a license against illegal search and seizure or self-incrimination or double-jeopardy...

Well, you get my drift...

Because money. Lots of bigger towns and cities you have to ask for permission for a permit to protest or have a demonstration.

Top Bottom