• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My sister just brought me a $10K check from the rest of Mom's estate (she'd already given me a larger one earlier but was waiting until all Mom's taxes were settled to see what the liability would be). So not all families will screw each other.
    CKW's family lost Mom. She was a stellar human being and the best MIL ever. The family showed her influence when we went through the trials and tribulations of settling her affairs. It was actually a pleasant experience overall. No bickering or greed in the least. None. It was bad enough she was gone so everyone proceeded with grace and caring. I am blessed to have them around us.
    Now my people suck donkey butt. Best way I can say it in a family friendly forum.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    CKW's family lost Mom. She was a stellar human being and the best MIL ever. The family showed her influence when we went through the trials and tribulations of settling her affairs. It was actually a pleasant experience overall. No bickering or greed in the least. None. It was bad enough she was gone so everyone proceeded with grace and caring. I am blessed to have them around us.
    Now my people suck donkey butt. Best way I can say it in a family friendly forum.
    Just me and my sister left now, and she's about 8 years older than me. Our oldest sister already passed before Mom did. I love my sister to death. We were all so far apart in age that we really weren't close growing up. I was the result of Mom poking holes in Dad's condom! :): She confessed that to DoggyMama. She had had a couple of miscarriages between my middle sis and me. We're both realizing that she and I are a lot more alike than we ever knew now that we're older.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Rough neighborhood? I always carried when I would go to Mom's church, but I just always carry. There was no security at her church.
    Actually, I attend Grabill Missionary in Grabill. It is a small Amish town just outside of Fort Wayne. Not sure why the deputy, he has been here since I have been going here.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is exactly what would happen at our church except the whole congregation would be out there too. And I'm moderating this Sunday too.
    I kinda wonder how many of these protesters would sizzle a bit if the padre sprinkled some holy water on them... Just sayin...

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    For some reason, I think such nonsense if it materializes will be restricted to areas which are known to be soft targets. Sad that one should have to be concerned while attending services.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If these people were known for truly peaceful protesting, then I would be fine with it. I really would be.

The reality we've all seen is that when they protest, it may start out peaceful but as soon as the crowd gets large enough they become violent and destructive. That only leaves a mess for others to clean up and pay for. They are a group of sheep with wolves as their leaders. They never think for themselves or exercise good judgement. Their nature as sheep has them believe and do what they are told to do. They are followers who are like a fart in the wind and blow any direction based on whatever the evil influencing wolves among them tells them to do.

What honks me off the most about this is, whatever was leaked hasn't changed any laws and if it takes effect it simply sends the issue to be dealt with by individual states.
    They are quick to fight for the rights they want to exercise. Yet constantly demand we lay down our rights while gleefully mocking anyone who doesn't share their views. Their hipocracy has no limits

Sorry for the thread jacking rant, but I believe it to be on target of who some of us could potentially deal with. I am hopeful that anyone wishing to show up will be peaceful. I also am hopeful that we keep our wits with good judgement and situational awareness to protect those in our flocks

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I doubt many will show up at churches.
    If they do, it will be in jurisdictions in which "assault with a deadly weapon," if done by protesters, is a misdemeanor.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My sister just brought me a $10K check from the rest of Mom's estate (she'd already given me a larger one earlier but was waiting until all Mom's taxes were settled to see what the liability would be). So not all families will screw each other.
    That’s how it was when my mom passed. There were four of us left to settle everything, mom had some substantial assets, nothing huge, but she was frugal, and nothing was at issue, we came up with a simple solution to divide things, and that was that. I’ve had my share of (sometimes violent) disagreements with my siblings, but we loved our mom, and none of us would have considered being “the one” that would make an already stressful situation even worse.

I still don’t always see eye to eye with them, but I would be there in a split second for all of them.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    The pro abortion group Ruth Sent Us is calling for protests ar Catholic churches.

I suspect the protests will consist mostly of vandalism against the cars of church attendees. They will claim their destruction is "free speech" and anyone who tries to stop them is violating their constitutional rights.
    They might be suprised as to how I can violate their constitutional rights….. using my constitutional right!!

Howard33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2017
    Sellersburg
    If your church is targeted by protestors ensure you get pictures of their faces if at all possible, call the police then sue them for being in violation of the Federal FACE Act.

Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act of 1994 (FACE). This Act prohibits the use or threat of force and physical obstruction that injures, intimidates, or interferes with a person seeking to obtain or provide reproductive health services or to exercise the First Amendment right of religious freedom at a place of religious worship. It also prohibits intentional property damage of a facility providing reproductive health services or a place of religious worship. FACE authorizes the Attorney General to seek injunctive relief, statutory or compensatory damages, and civil penalties against individuals who engage in conduct that violates the Act.

It is a Federal crime to threaten with force or physically obstruct to either cause injury, intimidate or interfere with a person seeking to exercise the 1st amendment right of religious freedom at place of religious worship. So everyone in church at the time of the protest can sue the individual or individuals causing the problem.

Top Bottom