• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I ve never heard of this where I cant sell to anyone just because they are from like KY /Ohio ect?! Ill do what I want its a free country, People sell second hand all the time,rummage sales and such. If I dont like their looksI wouldnt sell ,like a gang type or illegal alien, done that already

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The way it sounded when I read it was you were afraid to provide someone with the means to hurt someone else and my point is that you cannot control people and can't tell what people's true actions are.

In fact I DO have a friend who sold a gun that WAS used in a crime. He pointed them in the general direction and that was it. I don't believe there was a paper trail but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, I'm not trying to attack you just hoping that some others see the other side of the coin. The side that turns normal habits into laws and controls. See once upon a time guns were carried anywhere and everywhere and no one batted an eye. Then laws became passed that prevented normal citizens from carrying those weapons and we have been fighting to restore our rights ever since. I don't want to wake up some day and have to keep meticulous records of every item I've ever sold to stay "legal." I like it just fine the way it is.

Sorry, but I take, "Now that sounds like liberal zombie talk there." as an insult. You know, there's no law that says I have to take my receipt when I pay at the pump for gas, but I do, just in case the minimum wage clerk gets confused as to who drove off without paying I have the receipt to prove that it wasn't me. You may be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, but the quickest way to avoid ending up in the court is to quickly prove your innocence to the cop with documentation. I've got arrest reports from 10 years ago, hell I've got reports from loss prevention stops I made when I was 18 (and we won't discuss how many years ago THAT was) why, just in case. It's the same reason I carry a gun, 99.99999999% of the time I won't need it, but just in case I want to have it, same thing goes for documenting any guns I buy/sell. You don't like it, don't buy a gun I'm selling. Try to sell me a gun without a bill of sale and I'll produce one for you to fill out, don't want to fill it out, sell your gun to somebody else. I have some type of paperwork on every gun I've ever owned my entire life, in most cases I have a scanned copy of it on a thumb drive too, just in case something happens to the paper copy. You don't want to cover your ass that's fine, but don't condemn me for covering mine.
    As for your argument about it becoming law because most people do it, that doesn't make much sense to me, but in the interest of not getting your dander up any more than it already is I'll leave it be.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Don't forget father's middle name, first pet's name, city he was born, city YOU were born, YOUR mother's maiden name, and your great grandfather's mother's dog's cousin's breed. :D

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    A buddy of mine has booths at gun shows and there are people who say a similar pitch to him( sometimes has private firearm for sale) or they'll insinuate that they are a felon. He smiles and says "Sorry sir....."

Top Bottom