• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Before you blame the ammo, Gun tests had a heads up about 22Lr rifles that would fire 'out of battery' , with the bolt OPEN about 1/2 inch. case failures such as shown here were happening, and spraying case fragments out the ejection port.

This was in the March or April 2010 Tests.

H.T.H
    Mike

Shot more of them today with no issues, out of my M&P 15-22, GSG 1911, and Ruger Single Six. No problems. Funny thing, though. I had 2 issues with CCI, including a failure to fire, and a misfeed. (Both were in the GSG, which according to the manual, prefers this ammo.

If anyone is afraid of their Remington Golden Bullets, let me know and I'll gladly take them off your hands, in the interest of safety, of course! ;)

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    If anyone is afraid of their Remington Golden Bullets, let me know and I'll gladly take them off your hands, in the interest of safety, of course! ;)
    Me too. My old j. Stevens bolt action loves them. A little extra cleanup is needed after firing them, but they still have been flawless through about 2000 of them I have ran through there.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    For the past few years I've been trying to test to find the most consistent rounds for my Marlin 989-M2. I've settled that the Golden Bullet HP are the best thing I can run through this rifle. They are the most accurate and most consistent. Other than with the over 30 yr old rounds of various types (Navy Arms brick, old Thunderbolt Bricks, Wilcats and a few others) I rarely have a FTF / FTE ... the 989 shoot CONSISTENT 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards (the top of a can of pop) - its not a super target grade rifle. Heck its NEVER been apart and it was 20+ yrs before it was ever even cleaned or bore-snaked. ... I had it out this weekend at Roush Lake range - CCI Mini-Mags were all over; but the GBHP's shot about a 3" 10 round group in under at minute at 100 yards (and its only sighted at 50) - and that was at the end of a 4 hour 250 round session (on just the Marlin) ...

Just my :twocents:.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    New Castle
    I stopped buying these a long time ago ,best just to get 100 rd boxes of Winchester or CCI. or if bulk is a must those Win. boxes of '333' count are not too bad. Most bulk doesnt store for many years ,they go bad with plenty misfires.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I stopped buying these a long time ago ,best just to get 100 rd boxes of Winchester or CCI. or if bulk is a must those Win. boxes of '333' count are not too bad. Most bulk doesnt store for many years ,they go bad with plenty misfires.
    This is true backporch. The main reason why is heat in the storage area. Awhile back there were some posts on the Interbiz about this.
    They came to the conclusion that the wax coating was melting down into the primer area, to deaden/weaken the round.
    When I lived in SW Fl. I would buy bulk and then transfer all loose rounds into saved 100 round boxes with the bullets stored in the down position.
    Seemed to work-had very-very little ammo related problems when done that way.
    I have not done that lately, but all my ammo is stored in a cool environment, where the temp rarely exceds 70"

wilbur352

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Valparaiso, IN
    I. Am not a big fan of bulk ammo, I have some but I am still shooting bricks of thunderbolts I bought 20 years ago for $10 a brick. Those were the days.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I shot some through my Marlin bolt action last weekend. Did not have an inccident such as the OP. I did have a few not go bang the first time. Also had some that where underpowerd. You could definatly hear a difference. It's bulk ammo though. The only bulk I have not had problems with is Federal Champion.

Top Bottom