• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Time's running out for folks to contact their Senators (useless ticks that they are). Reid's bringing it up for a test vote on Saturday.
    From The Hill
    Senate Democrats have cleared the way for a Saturday night vote to begin the healthcare debate, a Democratic aide said.

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) has agreed to relent on his demand for Senate clerks to read aloud the 2,074-page bill and allow the chamber to take a critical test vote, said the aide. Reading the bill on the Senate floor was estimated to take as many as 30 hours or longer, raising the possibility of the Senate staying in session into next week.

The agreement to dispense with time-consuming procedural hurdles means that lawmakers will be able to catch flights back to their home states later in the evening on Saturday or early the next morning. This comes as welcome news for aides and other congressional workers who wrestled with the prospect of the Senate extending its session until Tuesday or Wednesday.
    More at the source.

They're going to ram this down our throats no matter what. Bayh's a shoe in and Lugar will likely vote for it, too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Time's running out for folks to contact their Senators (useless ticks that they are). Reid's bringing it up for a test vote on Saturday.
    From The Hill
    More at the source.

They're going to ram this down our throats no matter what. Bayh's a shoe in and Lugar will likely vote for it, too.

So if Bayh is a shoe in and Lugar is going to vote with them then why bother calling them? :dunno: I can bet the farm that both IN senators vote YES for this bill. :faint:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Well, we try. Letter faxed to Lugar and Bayh (with appropriate headers and so forth):

I see that a vote on the new Health Care Bill is scheduled for this Saturday. I am writing to ask that you vote "No" on this bill. It is bad for the economy, bad for health care, and Unconstitutional to boot.

Vote No on goverment health care. ...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Wise up. This is not "our" government and has not been our government for a long time. The crones in Washington do as they please with no regard to the people or our cries. You can do what ever want, contact them daily and it wont make one bit of difference.

I contacted Bayh with scathing retort to his actions and he responded with thanks for your support.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    :biggun:
    :lala:
    :starwars:
    :delivery:
    :flamethrower:

so after this Saturday....... everyone meet at the INGO bunk house totally separated from society!!!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    poop.jpg

Ready, set....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This ^ :laugh: (funny pic)

If it passes on SAT I think it's pertty much a done deal. The public option is was the big battle is on now over.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I wonder who will take the law to court in challenge? That will be our only legal chance at repealing it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    dear on SE.. dear on... Don't see anyone taking the MEDICARE PART D to court. The masses will be happy nothing to see here anymore...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wonder who will take the law to court in challenge? That will be our only legal chance at repealing it.

And he or she would be a national hero if they were to pull it off. But there would be so many obstacles and roadblocks it would be a nightmare.

This will turn out to be a nightmare.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And he or she would be a national hero if they were to pull it off. But there would be so many obstacles and roadblocks it would be a nightmare.

This will turn out to be a nightmare.

This is already a nightmare. Senators won't take calls, emails go unanswered or "too bad I'm voting yes anyway", written letters ignored, protesters called cowards and unpatriotic.... I wonder how many will resist...

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    They've secured the votes to debate the dumb thing, but "we won't necessarily vote for it to pass" WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU GET ON A ROLLER COASTER WITH NO INTENTION OF RIDING IT?!?!?!?!?

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Wise up. This is not "our" government and has not been our government for a long time. The crones in Washington do as they please with no regard to the people or our cries. You can do what ever want, contact them daily and it wont make one bit of difference.

I contacted Bayh with scathing retort to his actions and he responded with thanks for your support.

Same thing happened to me. I opposed it, and was thanked for my support. I think his office is trying the Jedi mind trick. :starwars:

Top Bottom