• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curtisms01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    I have shot one of the models they have. Trigger pull is very smooth with just enough resistance to feel right. I personally enjoyed putting about 50 rounds thru this gun! Definitely if Sniper Co. is doing to be doing a demo check it out!

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    So excited to see interest! You can check us out at SB Firearms on Facebook. Still working on a website. Machined in Fort Wayne. Offer Finger Grips, Straight Grips and at this time 4 different slide choices. Shoot me a message with any questions. Can buy directly! THANKS!!

Lets keep it on this thread for everyones info. Added on facebook. I like what I see. What kind of options do we have? Calibers? Any plans for the future? Brochures to tantalize me while I save my pennies? Price Sheet for direct? My LGS is wanting to contact you to be a dealer as well so could you PM me or mail me some information? That would be awesome.

take-my-money.jpg

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Get a pricesheet up STAT! WHo cares if you have to attach an excel spreadsheet to your facebook page, let us know the pricing so we can start a convoy up there with jars full of cash.

RandomCubed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    $1400
    - I know this puts them in the same price range as a Les Baer or Kimber custom shop job, but for all the world it felt and balanced like a super premium tier 1911.
    Features
    -It came with 2 8 rnd mag, a really nice diver's box, a couple of locks, and a bushing wrench.
    -apparently there are several slide and frame configurations, but I only saw one.
    -their facebook page says that they can sell direct, I'm not sure how this works (I mean sans ffl)

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Very interesting. I would love to see Indiana sprout a vibrant firearm manufacturing industry and would do my part to support it. Especially if I can barter beer for another 1911.

I'd like to see it in person, sometime. I didn't see an answer as to whether the frames and slides are forged or cast, locally or imported, and if all the small parts are machined or what. The beavertail curve match to the frame looks a little funny in that first pic, but that might just be the angle the gun is sitting at.

Might have to make a trip north.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The beavertail curve match to the frame looks a little funny in that first pic, but that might just be the angle the gun is sitting at.

Might have to make a trip north.

They can be fit to be "smooth" either in the holster, or in the hand. I believe this one is setup to be smooth in hand with the grip safety deactivated. I prefer them that way :-)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Looking forward to hearing more about them and whether you will be offering different sizes/configurations/rails.

Thanks and welcome to INGO!

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Huh, When I saw this thread I thought it was going to be about the J.B. Custom shop in Huntertown, just North of Ft. Wayne. When I stopped in he was putting together 1911s to the tune of $1,000-$2,500. He machines his own lever gun receivers and barrels so I'm assuming he does so with his 1911s also. He had some full size, commander, and maybe an officer....can't remember. Really cool to see another local company surface.

Top Bottom