• ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    . If you are being too still try bunching and relaxing your muscles

This is very good advice for anyone sitting still. The way blood circulates out of your legs is through the compression of the veins from muscular action. Leg veins have valves in them to allow the leg muscles to "pump" blood back up to your heart and when you sit still. When you start to get cold the body's natural response is to start restricting circulation to the peripheries and that combined with increased fluid pressures from blood not being properly returned to the core vastly increases your feet getting cold. As does smoking, diabetes, poor fitness, and a whole lot of other reasons.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    my thermo cells worked for 1 season. now only one foot will charge correctly.
    My better half tried her new ones this weekend, she wore them tops an hour or two. Not longer after we were home she reported to me one of them would not go on the charger. After one use the connection in one of them was mashed or something.

As I told her, I would never rely on something like that working, not ever. FYI her was the wireless model. They are going back.

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    I have diabetes and my feet would sweat and get cold as hell. I purchased a pair of nice muck boots and that helped with good socks on. I have learned this past summer about alpaca socks. I will never use anything else now. No I am not a seller of the socks but I will sear that they work. Your feet will not sweat in them and they are warmer that any sock I have worn. I wear Woody Max muck boots and the alpaca socks and my feet do not get cold. I am also in law enforcement and for the past two weeks I have worn them non stop I the snow and ice with my duty boots and again they have kept my feet dry and warm. Even while outside working accidents. Just my 2 cents

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I work construction and I'm on my feet all day outside. When my feet get cold I'm done, no matter how many time I warm them they get cold faster the next.
    The best thing I've found are these- New U.S. Mickey Boots With Valve, Black - 591923, Cold Weather at Sportsman's Guide
    You can fill them with water and as long as you move your toes your feet will stay warm. At the end of the day my socks are wet, feet steaming when I put my regular boots on. When It gets cold I put my Mickey's on.

Edit to add the white ones are supposed to be warmer, but honestly the black ones are awesome.

Ive got got a pair of Mickey boots and swear by them. Tough to beat at any price, but they are cheap enough to be a heck of a good value

pgfrmr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Fishers
    Ok here's how we do it way up north:
    1) wool sock liners-smart wool
    2) wool socks-smart wool
    3) 800-1200 gram thinsulate boots but they CANNOT be tight. Tight boots are a number one killer of warm feet.
    4) article shield boot covers, put on once your in the stand.
    This setup will hold down to the minus zeros with wind but IMO hunting boots should be traded out for pacs if your just in the stand all day and it's gonna be near zero. Cheers

TBone3006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Lafayette
    I agree with the previous threads (poly liner and wool socks with loose fitting insulated boots) But if you can keep your head warm your feet will stay warm too. I used to wear insulated ball caps while on stand and my feet were always cold. Now I use the facemask style cap and my feet stay warm, as long as they are dry.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    The problem we have found with mickey boots are the weight. When your walking a long distance and doing stuff all day they sure do make your legs tired. They work great just wish they were more comparable to my every day boots in weight.

Top Bottom