• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have been looking at and thinking about getting a pair of heated glove for my daughter. She is a bit on the smaller side at 5'2" @115lbs. She loves to go rabbit hunting but even with those hot hamds hamd warmers her fingers freeze to the point her hands hurt. Has anyone used or know anyone who uses heated gloves?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I don't know about the gloves, but make sure she's keeping her core warm or her body will draw blood from her hands and feet to compensate.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I don't know about the gloves, but make sure she's keeping her core warm or her body will draw blood from her hands and feet to compensate.

It's the head that is more important. Get her a fur hat and all problems with cold hands will cease. (verified personal experience)

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pretty sure her core is staying warm. She wears layers topped with a multi layer parka (Cabelas outfither line), Carhartt arctic bibs. Regardless what gloves she wears her tiny fingers get cold (Tried mittens and gloves).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a set for riding in severe weather but they were bulky and really not all that when you factor everything in. Battery powered so it was limited by this and they really did not heat up all that much.
    I find the chemical hand warmers work pretty well for me. They do have a fuse and you need to have spares with you for a long day.

AndrewG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Brownsburg
    Battery powered gloves don't work better than the hot hands chemical pouches. Electric motorcycle gloves work well but need to be plugged into the 12v system on the bike. Military mitts hands kept my hands warm to about -35F when I lived in Canada. Adding a hot hand pouch would make them warmer.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

We have one of those muffs (I use) and a set of these that my son uses...

Cabela's Men's MT050® Extreme II Glomitts with Thinsulate? Insulation : Cabela's

They are shooting mittens that have a zip pocket for hand warmer packs. Work very well and the MEDS are on SALE for $6.88 Reg $44.99!. The meds are a little tight on me but fit my 13 year old son fine. I would like a set of LG but not for $44.99.

:ingo:

Top Bottom