• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Hey all, back to 'gun-whoring' as my ex would put it! :D

Does anyone have any experience with a Rossi .357 and the heavy DA trigger?? (or any heavy trigger pull wheel gun, for that matter??)

I was wondering how long it takes to loosen up and how much it would loosen by simply shooting it. Is it worth the expense of having a smith lighten the trigger? I love the gun in SA mode, tho. Super light trigger pull!!

Any feedback on altering trigger pull is appreciated!

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Is this a new gun? A heavy pull weight in DA on a revolver is not going to fix itself and get lighter, trust me on this. There are either some very roughly machined surfaces in the trigger linkage or some part is not fitted correctly or a pin may be bent. The good news is this is an easy fix for any smith who does revolver work. If it's new talk to the manufacturer. If not see a smith and have the pull worked on. You shouldn't have to fight the gun because of a heavy pull. Switching to lighter springs may help a little but isn't really addressing the problem and can add more problems. Reducing friction is the key to a smooth light trigger.

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Hi and thanks for the replies....I'll have to contact Rossi. I had the pull measured, but the shop didn't have gauge that went high enough to measure mine....it was over 15lbs and the guy who is very experienced dry fired it and thought it was about 20 or 22lbs.....
    The gun is new, I bought it new in February and have put about 600 or 700 rounds through it. No other hiccups, though. Just the heavy pull....
    I think it would be best to return it to Rossi and see what they say. Perhaps there is some malfunction....
    Thanks for the recommendations! :)

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    So, I wound up sending my revolver back to Taurus for repair. If they come back and say there is nothing wrong with it, I'm going to send it to a gunsmith to get the Wolf replacement mainspring.....
    either way, from what I was looking at online, the pull is supposed to be about 11.5lbs, and I do believe I'm going to get it lightened.....

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    I finally got my beloved .357 back from Taurus on Monday! I'm so glad to have it back. The paperwork that was returned with it said that the problem they found was 'jams'. It seems to have been fixed, but the trigger pull is still heavy overall. I'm definitely going to have a smith put in a lighter trigger spring....

All in all, though, it was easy to send it back and it didn't take too long to fix....
    But i'm going to shoot the hell out of this guy until i send it away again! I have to make up for lost time.

Top Bottom