• ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Because it doesn't have a stock.

I shot one of their double taps. Two shots and never again. Unpleasant doesn't adequately describe the feeling. Painful is closer.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have heard that the Taurus Judge is not considered a shotgun (even though it is chambered for .410) due to it have a rifled barrel. This clearly doesn't have a rifled barrel.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    About as practical as any other single-shot, 2.5" chambered .410 firearm with a VERY short barrel. Not much, imho. Niche use.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have heard that the Taurus Judge is not considered a shotgun (even though it is chambered for .410) due to it have a rifled barrel. This clearly doesn't have a rifled barrel.

The Judge has a .45 bore (.45 Colt). A .410 Gauge is a true .41 diameter, it's undersized. You can shoot a .410 through it but it's more suited for a 45 Colt.

You can see on the side it is also chambered in .45 colt.

MIL INC had the Thunder Five (way before the judge) and no issues, TC even had a Contender barrel chambered in .45 Colt but you could shoot .410 out of it

Bond Arms has made the Snake Charmer for a long time

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's how they get around it. I'm not sure the NFA rules say if someone made a .41 mag pistol with a long cylinder or chamber that could accept a .410 though

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    $500.00 for that? I don't think so.............
    That's crazy! What is it with these little pocket pistols/derringer types? Why do the manufactures think they are worth so much? They don't really offer all that much... and when you get into that price range, you are much better off going with a little revolver/micro sized semi-auto. Just boggles my mind. Don't get me wrong here; I can see the benefit of a couple extra shots/a .410 at close range when things "just got real", but they want way too much for these things.
    Col

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    That's crazy! What is it with these little pocket pistols/derringer types? Why do the manufactures think they are worth so much? They don't really offer all that much... and when you get into that price range, you are much better off going with a little revolver/micro sized semi-auto. Just boggles my mind. Don't get me wrong here; I can see the benefit of a couple extra shots/a .410 at close range when things "just got real", but they want way too much for these things.
    Col

There's a lot of machine work that goes into them, little parts, etc. Plus the company is decently new so their cost per item is up.

If you can start up your own company, with all the machine work and knowledge to produce a similar product for half the price, go for it

I've shot one of the single barrel Heizers before using Buffalo Bore 45 Colt, recoil was a push, not bad at all

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So sure of your accuracy you only need one shot but so unsure of your accuracy you want a short barrel shotgun's spread? Are your hands radically deformed so that holding a metal pancake is comfortable for you? Do you like to drastically overpay for gimmicky doo-dads? Then have I got a product for you....

Top Bottom