• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino- Are you a Rose Grad? Steinhauser wasn't there when I went through in the late 90's, but his reputation was still going strong. I did get to enjoy "Lazy Wayne" for a few thermal design classes, and had "Bob Dillan" for Thermo 1.

R-HIT Class of 1987, BSME, sir.

Robert Steinhauser is a great man and was one of the best educators of engineers I've ever met. I had him for thermo I, power plants, and at least part of mechanical measurements. I believe he resides in California now (near where he did his MS at Stanford). I miss him. In my early years after I graduated, I would visit campus occasionally and he ALWAYS made time to visit with me, sometimes hours at a time. He listened to what I had to say and always had good advice. I treasure the time I got to spend with him both in the classroom and during those visits during the years following.

I put Wayne Sanders in the same category. He was my academic advisor as well as the instructor in several of my classes. I had him for my first fluids class, advanced thermo, and maybe something else I can't remember. I didn't have as much contact with him after graduation, but he's still at R-HIT and the last time I was there during business hours I got to visit with him. If we ever meet in person, remind me to tell you my story about the day he came to adv. thermo a little late.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    He sounds like a fun prof, makes me wish he was still around.

Lazy Wayne is still going strong, and by that I mean taking full advantage of his tenure.

You probably don't get many profs who write on a chalkboard with one hand while they're holding an unlit/extinguished cigar in their other hand the whole time anymore. That was one of Stinky Bob's "things." The legend of his nickname was that he got it because of the cigars when he was an undergrad.

Make sure you give my regards to Prof. Sanders.

In fact, I need to come to campus some time soon for a visit so everyone can have a good laugh about my current occupation. Maybe they will finally pay me to stop telling people I'm a Rose grad in order to preserve the image. :D

Top Bottom