• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Got me a new SA Hellcat Pro today. After about 150 rounds, this gun is in contention for being my favorite carry pistol to date. The night sights it comes with are awesome. I am liking the big rear U notch. 15+1 is a slimmer, slightly smaller package than my G19. I really like my G19, but so far, this one feels better.
    IMG_0171.jpeg

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Got me a new SA Hellcat Pro today. After about 150 rounds, this gun is in contention for being my favorite carry pistol to date. The night sights it comes with are awesome. I am liking the big rear U notch. 15+1 is a slimmer, slightly smaller package than my G19. I really like my G19, but so far, this one feels better.
    View attachment 334729
    Have you tried the original Hellcat?

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    Nice!! I've been wanting a Hellcat since they came out. I have been carrying a XDs for quite a while now, nothing wrong with it other then magazine capacity.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Nice!! I've been wanting a Hellcat since they came out. I have been carrying a XDs for quite a while now, nothing wrong with it other then magazine capacity.

Give one a try. I used to alternate between a XDS and a XDM depending on my concealment needs, the Hellcat has taken over as full time EDC.

No, never tried it. I looked at it a few times, but always thought it was a touch too small. This one seems about right for a carry. From 40 yards on in I was getting consistent hits on a steel plate.

It is small, but very accurate. I shoot it well (haven't tried it out to 40yds yet though).

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Been wanting to check one out. Kinda waffling between a Hellcat and a 365xl. If I could ever get a bit of time away from work I'd go check them out.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Love my HC pro ....amazes me how fast and intuitive the factory big dot sight is and I'm a red dot guy but find myself hesitant to add one to the HCP
    I'm thinking of adding the gas pedal to mine just because I really enjoy the thumb rest cuts I did on my glocks
    I have the ODG color slide on mine and it's cerekote so it gets holster wear worse than something like my old g19 edc but I expected that from cerekote
    I always shoot glock so the solid wall on the HC trigger feels like home , wife has a sig macro and I can't stand the trigger on it ....so much so that I never shoot it
    Not saying it's the best edc gun of all time but so far the best for me , I didn't buy a glock solely because of capacity and not wanting to use aftermarket magazines to get past that limitation

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    Give one a try. I used to alternate between a XDS and a XDM depending on my concealment needs, the Hellcat has taken over as full time EDC.
    I will one day. I also have the XDm as well (full size 4.5") I have a alien gear holster that makes it fairly comfortable to carry, but still I don't carry it much, it's pretty much just the XDs.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    HC pro is my EDC. I was set on a sig 365xl, but in my big paws I didn't like it, picked up HC and walked away with it . My hands and Springfield are a good fit. XD, xds and hellcat, love em all.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I have now put about 200 rounds through it and the only thing I don’t like about it is the trigger. After about 2-3 mags, it really starts to hurt my trigger finger, in fact it creates a small blister on the bottom of the trigger finger, about where it would get pinched between the trigger guard and the trigger. I have never had this happen on any other handgun I own. I still like the gun. It is accurate, light, and I love the sights on it. I do need to get the trigger finger pain thing figured out though. I have read other complaints of this. Some people have it and some don’t, even different shooters on the same gun will get different results in this regard. Probably something to do with trigger and finger shape weirdness. Maybe an apex trigger will help? I have read good things about them. I will say that it seems a little better at round count 200-250 than it did at 50, but that may just be me getting used to it.

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I have a standard Hell Cat and a Pro. I really like both of them, I alternate between the two for my EDC. The Pro really fits my hand better than any Glock or Sig I've ever owned or shot.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    Do all the pros have the grip extension down there at the base plate or is that an extended mag of some sort? It looks to be Factory but I guess I just didn't notice prior to your post. Are the magazines all the same round count for this model or do they offer two different sizes right out of the box?

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Do all the pros have the grip extension down there at the base plate or is that an extended mag of some sort? It looks to be Factory but I guess I just didn't notice prior to your post. Are the magazines all the same round count for this model or do they offer two different sizes right out of the box?
    Mine came with three mags. One 15 round and two 17 round mags that have the extension. The 15 round magazine does not have the extension and site flush with the grip.

Top Bottom