• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A-savvy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    I am kind of new to the knife world. My brother wants one of these knifes and I wanted to know what you experts thought of these. I searched but could not find a thread on this. He would probably use the knife for everything, hunting, fishing, camping, ect. Thank you for your opinions and help in advance.

www.helle.com

joseywales7450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Carmel
    Saw one of these knives at a shop called Nurpu in Fishers/Noblesville. They are beautiful knives and I have been wanting one since.

They have a couple knives that they describe as an "all-around" knife. I forget which ones they are but one of those would probably work for him.

A-savvy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. I went to nurpu, its not to far from my house and they had three or four in the case but not the one I was looking for which was the fossekallen. I brought the whole list of helle knives in and pointed out the one I wanted. He said he could order any of them and I could pick it up at nurpu. Hope my brother likes it! Thanks again

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    and here it is

I am the happy recipient of the Helle! Here is a pic of it along with another neat gift. Thanks for the fine shopping skills Savvy.:rockwoot:
    knives.jpg
    [/IMG]
    This one is called the Safari.

Last edited:

jdoxs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    I am kind of new to the knife world. My brother wants one of these knifes and I wanted to know what you experts thought of these. I searched but could not find a thread on this. He would probably use the knife for everything, hunting, fishing, camping, ect. Thank you for your opinions and help in advance.

www.helle.com
    I carry a "Helle" as a neck knife, it is a great knife and "My go to"!!!,... I can cut wood with mine and then go right to skinning chores and it stays sharp with little effort and makes cutting a joy!
    I would dare say that there are several Scandinavian companies that produce fantastic laminated (layered carbon steel), "Puka" blades in a variety of styles designed to fit the hand. Several of these companies will produce a less expensive knife with a stainless blade,... Now don't get me wrong here, stainless steel is capable of making a great blade, but once you have tried one of these Scandinavian laminated (layered carbon steel), blades, you will spoil yourself and won't go back!
    There is also a whole world out there for collecting them,... Yet another great way to spend money!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom